This thread commemorates my 2,500th posting! (May 2008 - Feb 2009)

T-Girl

Ahhhh...I'm falling!
May 7, 2008
So how profound was it for you to reach your 100th, 1000th, 2500th, or (for some) 10,000th posting?

Here is an excerpt of my 2,499th posting:

I'm at my 2,499th posting! I'm sticking around and waiting for it to turn 2,500! :nuts:

Okay, I am still staying at 2,499. (I see Mrose75's prompting to hit 2,500 below this thread). I need something profound to say and I'm not sure what it is. It's just an imaginary mark in time. That's why I love editing my posts. I just want the wording to look right and have an impact.

I find this place to be wonderful in helping me practice and improve my writing skills. I guess I'm trying to be profound at 2,499. Maybe that's good enough, eh?

What's 2,500 like...probably like 2,501....2,502.... ha ha.

I will really freak if/when I reach the big 10,000 posting limit. Does that mean I deserve a new Coach bag at FP? Probably not. But, I think I would love a few ponytail scarves at a nearby outlet (which will be opening soon nearer to me). In that case, I will look forward to that point in time.

Yeah, I'm holding back and probably driving MODs like Baglady39 and GreenPixie nuts with all my editing revisions. It's the nature of the beast--I just love modifying and changing my wording until time runs out and they kick me off this particular comment box. I don't mean to be malicious in any way, of course, but touching 2,500 does make me a little nervous. It will come and go and not be acknowledged like another sad event that nobody was there to celebrate, but in this case all you ladies and gents are here so it's special.

I'm still adding as you can see....just ranting and ranting away like a banshee.

Yeah, I like trying to be profund on the 11th hour. When 2,500 happens, it's nothing. It comes and goes.

I should really go and make a healthy lunch after this. Also, it's great I am reaching this number on my day off. It wouldn't be nearly as interesting if I just hit the 'send button' and rushed off to work.

Okay, I am totally being evasive right now. I'll leave this thread alone at 2,499.....waiting to think of what to say at 2,500. Maybe I'll be silent until I can say something great. That will be unnerving for sure.
It took me since May 2008 to hit the 2,500th mark. I find this significant. I was trying to think up something great to say but nothing came to mind. I am happy that I've said a few good things up to this point, but I have to admit I started off badly.

I didn't mean to be rude on my first few threads, but I was naive about the ways of Coach and proper etiquette. I started off by asking the lovely and patient tPF Coachies whether a wristlet was a poor woman's wallet. Ouch! :Push: If it were me now, I'd freak out over that comment :lecture:. I apologize for my rudeness and hope the past Coachies haven't taken offence and wrote me off (and not commented on my threads in retribution). I own a few wristlets now because I think they're so cute, but I still rarely use them. I do find the miniskinnies to be an amazing invention. I can stick them in my backpockets like men do with their wallets if I want my ID secure. I switch in wallet to mini skinny from time to time.

My favourite wallet is the Bleecker compact wallet. It's so nice that the cards and cash have a nice smart snaps and a matching snap for the change purse. The tattersall lining doesn't hurt either.

I have a capacity wristlet but I don't really use it because I still think it's too small for me to carry anything. I only have one and it's a black pebbled chelsea version.

I have a few Coach pouches but I don't use them much because I prefer to carry everything I need so I tend to use my larger bags. Right now my favourite bag is the large pleated ergo hobo because it has a zipper to protect my belongings from thieving and marauding fingers as well as from blowing snow. Also, it's so super light and fluffy like a giant shrimp pillow. :nuts:

As for totes, I love them! I don't mind the dogleash closure because I use a big zippered Clinique makeup bag underneath to protect my belongings from falling out. I find this makeup bag perfect because it's light and has a nice fresh pink inside lining and it's a free bonus gift with purchase.

I don't mind the tear-away zippers on some of my satchels because I had enough rubber raincoats growing up that I've had plenty of experience learning to zip up.

My favourite Coach bag lining is my deep purple satin lining in my XL Zoe. You'd think it's the legacy stripes, but I just love deep purple the most. Of course, the Legacy would be #2 then Tattersall for #3 and then a deep pink lining as in the leather chocolate Zoe bags, then.....hmmmm black lining, maybe?

I've just recently got into scarves with the ponytail scarf style as numero uno. :tup: I just love the burst of sudden colour and instant accentuation of style of the Coach bag. It really brings the bag to life with a vibrant colour.

I have an issue with the pursefobs--they should be making more of them in brass because most of my bags have brass hardware. As well, the dogleash clasp tends to be too small or hangs strangely off the bags. Also, I find it sad that the Ergo hobos are the hardest to decorate because they're my favourite style.

My first HG bag is the Legacy Shoulder Flap. The problem with it was the peeling sealant that other tPFers also experience. Also, it doesn't have a back pocket so the only way into the bag is through that big turnlock on the front. The thing I love about it is that it reminds me of what Clint Eastwood would carry as a saddlebag in one of his spaghetti westerns in the 1960s. Of course, I'd be horrified if I found a whole stash of dirty cigarellos inside my legacy lined bag. :wtf:

I still love the bag mainly because I love the way the large turnlock sounds--nice brassy scraping and then a deep thunk! as the turnlock slips into its next notching. Yeah, also, turnlocks that are for decorative purses would drive me nuts! I love the sound and the way it turns that it would drive me absolutely batty if I can't turn it! [Argggh!!!]

Oh, finally, I am at a 50/50 split between my love :heart: for siggy and all leather. But, to be truly honest with myself....I am veering towards all leather.

Well, that's basically it for my 2,500th posting. I think I will go having something nice to eat now.

Thanks for letting me share this with all of you! :nuts:

Last edited:
Thank you PWC! It took a long time to come to this point. I will really freak out at my 5,000th mark because I probably said almost everything here.

My 2,501 seems so anti-climatic. ;)

Thank you all ... and probably 'no' for getting a new bag. I'd really love some lunch though so I'm going to heat up some grubs now. :nuts:

I gotta feed this Coach vulture of mine. ;)

Hey, Oops, it looks like you're approaching your 5,000th in the next little while.

Last edited:
Congrats T-Girl :hugs:! You are one of the nicest tPFers and it's a pure pleasure to read your posts and get honest and unbiased advice/info/input from! Congrats on your 2500 :woohoo:!!

Awww thank you Vivi1205! You're the most teenist cutest owner of two huge Bernese mountain dogs I've ever met! ;)

I'm sorry your Peyton didn't pan out. Even I think that that bag is too big for me--let alone owning two huge but totally loveable and fluffy doggies to boot! I did admit that you look very lovely carrying it. I'm biased towards bigger lighter bags so that one (and possibly the Gigi) would be out of the picture. Unfortunately, I couldn't resist the XL Zoe so I will probably be carrying that once a month.

Last edited:
Congratulations T-Girl on your milestone. I love your humorous comments - especially the guinea pigs attacking the owl-leigh trauma. What a hoot! (Pun always intended)

Last edited:
^Yeaaay!^ :yahoo: Maybe we'll have more commemorative threads from hereon. A little speech, marking of the time period, and what we've learned from this Coach sub-forum. That would be a nifty idea.