This this a rare Kelly 28 from Hermes??

If it's a rare Kelly you're after, and new from boutique, and you think it is beautiful and will be your wife's style - yes, I would take this, especially as you have backups if she does not love it. Search "push offer" and you will understand more about the bags Hermès makes in smaller numbers.

I don't think there's anything wrong with loving a bag as an artifact - an example of craftsmanship and an object of beauty; I feel this way about some of my collectible pieces.

If it's a rare Kelly you're after, and new from boutique, and you think it is beautiful and will be your wife's style - yes, I would take this, especially as you have backups if she does not love it. Search "push offer" and you will understand more about the bags Hermès makes in smaller numbers.

I don't think there's anything wrong with loving a bag as an artifact - an example of craftsmanship and an object of beauty;
I feel this way about some of my collectible pieces.

I don't disagree with this. In many ways I hope many enthusiasts on here would feel the same way.

Reactions: noegirl
You’re right, it is just an artefact to me, and do not care for handbags, but my wife does, hence I want the bag to be as special and unique as possible, because it is a gift!!! I will have other choices if this is rejected, but this is why I am asking for people’s opinions! Because I want something that’s different and I have no idea what is!

I chime in with "Please ask the wife" as handbags are really really down to the taste of the person carrying them (unless they are worn as a status symbol, then I find it a bit vapid, tbh), my husband often thought he got my taste right but something that I admire with one bag can totally annoy me with another one, and it is so hard to tell somebody who went through the effort, spent a lot of money and all that, that you are not happy with the present and find it cumbersome.

Seriously, he has bought me bags that I simply didn't care for, I bought him guitars he hardly ever plays, we now decided it makes so much more sense to tell each other what we really want and remove the guess work

The bag is gorgeous and hard to find. However, a Kelly is a very specific look that not everyone likes. So before u buy this as a surprise gift for your wife, a little more info is needed. Does your wife have another kelly? And if yes, does she actually like and use it? Or if she doesn’t have one, does she want one? The Kelly has a bunch of fans on this forum and everywhere else but some people find it easy to use and very functional for them while others, including myself, find it difficult to use. Then you look at the size and the color of the bag. Does your wife use bags of this size or does she prefer larger or smaller bags? Will this color work with her wardrobe? So cool that you are looking for a special bag for your wife. Good luck with the search! She’s a lucky woman:smile:

This is not the first time someone has asked if something offered to them is rare. The answers are always the same as here. I just wonder about the motivation of the OP, asking strangers if he should buy something for someone we don't know at all.
I am with you. Especially when I notice the picture of the bag has a Louis Vuitton box behind it. Seems more like a pic from a reseller trying to sell him the bag? I know I have never seen an LV box inside Hermes! Just my observation though.

hi guys, so I’ve been offered a bag from my SA.. and well, he said it’s a rare and exceptional piece?... What do you guys think?? I haven’t actually seen anything like it BUT I’m not sure if it’s actually as rare as he’s made out..Shall I leave it and go for something else?? I’ve looked all over Instagram and these were the ONLY 2 images I manage to find from the same page so you can see exactly what I’ve been offered.
I think your SA was absolutely telling you the truth.

As rare and special as this bag is, I would not love to receive this bag. Although a K28 suits my frame, I love the Sellier style, this Push Offer Kelly is exquisite and the color is pretty, I do NOT like this color with Palladium hardware. Picky huh? Yes. But I am not your wife.
I think before you buy such an item, look at her collection to see what is her style and the hardware she wears with her jewelry and such, then you will be more confident in your selection for her. Maybe she has even made comments about "needing such and such" to make her collection complete... look for clues from her... not us.

I am with you. Especially when I notice the picture of the bag has a Louis Vuitton box behind it. Seems more like a pic from a reseller trying to sell him the bag? I know I have never seen an LV box inside Hermes! Just my observation though.
OP stated "I’ve looked all over Instagram and these were the ONLY 2 images I manage to find from the same page so you can see exactly what I’ve been offered." His SA offered him the bag so he searched IG for images to show us...

hi guys, so I’ve been offered a bag from my SA.. and well, he said it’s a rare and exceptional piece?... What do you guys think?? I haven’t actually seen anything like it BUT I’m not sure if it’s actually as rare as he’s made out..Shall I leave it and go for something else?? I’ve looked all over Instagram and these were the ONLY 2 images I manage to find from the same page so you can see exactly what I’ve been offered.
If you are considering add to your “collection” then go for it.
If you are buying for your wife, perhaps the best person to consult with is her. Good luck deciding.

Reactions: MarthaWebster