This seller claims she is going to try to sue me...UH...What do you guys think?

she wasn't too lazy to post anything.

maybe bother reading her post if you think that.

i think it's wrong you used the pictures, but no court will let her get away with much. as mentioned before, copyright laws are usually had by companies and suing a person for something like this is a frivolous as they come. she's just pissed that you made a buck off of something she didn't.

if she pursues legal action, be ready, but don't feel afraid because there's not much that can be done. any legit attorney can see this.

I am sorry for you but at the same time, I have to LOL @ this girl. She has chutzpah, I'll give her that.

Look, even if it was legitimate to report you to the authorities for something for this (which I highly doubt - where's the crime?) no law enforcement agency on earth is going to bother with a case like this. The US Attorney's Office prosecutes criminal cases so I think probably she just has no idea what she's talking about.

Having said that, I personally wouldn't be bothered if you used my pictures to resell an item you bought from me, but I agree you probably shouldn't have done it.

How many people out there download music from limewire and whatnot?....Hundreds of thousands in the US and across the globe. Is it stealing? A lot would say yes, and a lot would say no. Legally, it is stealing...but you what...it happens anyway. Not to get into a whole long spiel but money feeds into power...Money hungry musicians weasel their way into congress and make sure BS laws are enforced so that they can collect their big cup of change. That is the ONLY reason why the music situation today is the way it is. So I'll say its wrong b/c yeah its legally wrong...do I think its completely and wholly wrong from every aspect...No, not really. Same thing with the Ebay pic. Same bag, same crappy picture. No biggy..but if someone wants to create a fuss about it...then fine, I'll close the listing.

You want to be paid for working? Many musicians barely make a living. And if these creative people aren't being paid, then there won't be any music, cause no one wants to work for free. I'm sure you don't. (These "BS" laws be created a long time ago.) I guess photographs aren't the only thing you steal. Your integrity (or HUGE lack of it) is showing.

If you cleaned up the bag OP, wouldn't you want to show how the bag looks after you fixed it up instead of how "crappy" it looked before??? Wouldn't it make sense to post how the bag looks currently? You would think you want to show the bag in the best possible light? But thats just me.

I didn't read the whole thread but I am sure everyone has basically said it is against ebay policy to use someone else's pictures even if it is the same item. I had this happen to me when I sold a pair of shoes. The person thought it was no big deal since it was the same item. I told them they could of asked my permission first. They got really *****y with me and I ended up reporting them. On top of it, they used my whole listing. They still didn't get why it was wrong to do this. To me it is the same as a counterfieter stealing pics and using it in their auctions. Why not just take your own pictures of things that are in your possession and write your own auctions?? It's really not brain surgery unless you can't form sentences and maybe don't list on ebay at all.

i've even had people steal bits of my html. um, i paid for that. a lot of money. sorry but unless you want to pay me too you don't get to use it. nothing irks me more.

I think maybe I read this wrong - I interpreted it as the original pictures only showed the one flaw and didn't reveal the others (the ones the OP fixed). So in that regard the discussion of "retake the pics" is kind of unnecessary. And regarding it being a different bag that's pictured than the one thats for sale - well, it's not, just because it was sold. That didn't change the bag.

That being said, I agree that using her pictures probably violated policy. But time to separate the issues - and whatever the issue is with the photos, the resale is fine. When the transaction was completed, original buyer and seller were done. There's no continuing obligation. If the seller didn't see the problems with the bag originally and didn't think they were there, then she should have required more evidence (photos, whatever) before doing the partial refund. If the seller thinks OP is now being dishonest with other potential buyers (which I almost guarantee is not the case; she's just PO'd she didn't get to sell it for the higher price), that's just too bad and she has to stay out of it. That's between the parties to the new transaction.

You don't have to justify ANYTHING to her about reselling the bag, and if she has half a brain she'll realize that either you fixed the problems the bag had when you bought it (and that took at least time, if not money too) or you're getting ready to have the same problem she had, with your buyer. Either way - NONE OF HER BUSINESS.

And, by the way, if she's really an attorney, then these kind of threats, which she would know are BS, are pretty unethical and I would guess violate the rules of professional conduct. It's been a long time since I took the MPRE but this sounds like an abuse of position and the courts. That makes me think she's full of it when she claims to be an attorney. I only threaten to sue people when I know I have a legitimate cause that might seem minor but is worth the $210 filing fee to me for my personal vindication when I win - not to scare them into doing what I want them to do if they're not in the wrong to begin with.

I once sold a bag and after receiving it the buyer attempted to tell me that it was fake. I kept pictures and had the receipt. She then dropped that claim, she actually had buyers remorse because she had purchased two of the same bag on eBay.

Then, she stole my pictures and exact auction wording to resell it on eBay without my permission. I reported her and gave her negative feedback, which was probably a mistake.

This crazy ***** had my name, address, phone number and e-mail address. She proceeded to sign me up for every consolidation loan, on-line university, sexual aid, and god knows what else she could find on the world wide web. I was getting 20-30 calls a day from loan people and insurance salesmen. I had to close my e-mail account and put a freeze on my credit with all 3 agencies. I even had someone call and tell me that she had tried to open a credit card account, but had the wrong SSN and birthdate. A couple of the e-mails had the ISP provider number of the computer that registered me and I was able to match it to the ISP number in the header of her e-mail to prove that it was her. It took me a month to get it stopped and finally a letter from my REAL attorney to her, her ISP, and eBay. You never know who you are dealing with on eBay.

I once sold a bag and after receiving it the buyer attempted to tell me that it was fake. I kept pictures and had the receipt. She then dropped that claim, she actually had buyers remorse because she had purchased two of the same bag on eBay.

Then, she stole my pictures and exact auction wording to resell it on eBay without my permission. I reported her and gave her negative feedback, which was probably a mistake.

This crazy ***** had my name, address, phone number and e-mail address. She proceeded to sign me up for every consolidation loan, on-line university, sexual aid, and god knows what else she could find on the world wide web. I was getting 20-30 calls a day from loan people and insurance salesmen. I had to close my e-mail account and put a freeze on my credit with all 3 agencies. I even had someone call and tell me that she had tried to open a credit card account, but had the wrong SSN and birthdate. A couple of the e-mails had the ISP provider number of the computer that registered me and I was able to match it to the ISP number in the header of her e-mail to prove that it was her. It took me a month to get it stopped and finally a letter from my REAL attorney to her, her ISP, and eBay. You never know who you are dealing with on eBay.

:nuts::nuts::nuts::nuts::nuts: Yikes, it reminds me of that movie with the two female roommates (Bridget Fonda),there are a lot of nutcases out there!