This person I contacted about a bag has 3 eBay IDs... What?

Adore

"BLONDIE"
Sep 17, 2006
I asked for a specific shot of a bag I was looking at on eBay... and I received an answer from a different eBay ID and than from the one the bag is listed under! Then another -same- response under the primary ID. And they just listed another bag on a THIRD ID that they told me about because it's like the same style... and I mean these bags are waaaay below retail, I just figured I'd give it a shot if they turned out to be authentic but now I'm really concerned!

What is having 3 eBay ID's about...? They all have decent amounts of feedback, too... I just don't get it, it is making me concerned to make big purchases on eBay! And plus I've been watching so many new listings under a certain designer and I'm seeing a lot of pictures stolen and reported a few.

Anyway, I really am curious about the multiple eBay user IDs, I may not buy from this seller in the end but I wanted to know if there's a reason for it... do any of you have multiple accounts on there?

That is weird.

Although it is common these days to have more than one ID (I myself have two), most people use one for buying and another for selling (which is what I primarily use mine for). But three??? That is odd, especially if they can't even keep them straight they're responding to you with all IDs.

Hmmm...I guess it depends on what you're wanting to buy, I too would be a little apprehensive.

I would personally not buy from this seller...it seems fishy somehow...3 id´s? I only have one but am thinking about getting another one to sell or buy from,

Kat

I have three id's.

One for buying, one for selling, and one for reporting counterfeits.

I've made that mistake a couple times, answered a question from a prospective buyer logged into the wrong id.

Just have the handbag authenticated and check all the seller's feedback before bidding.

I have four accounts. One business account and three private accounts.

Please have the bags authenticated before you buy, no matter how many accounts the seller has.

As a Tradning Assistant, I often help others sell their items. Sometimes I do it under their eBay ID. I have a person right now who has approached me about selling electronics, of which I know little. They tell me and I believe them, that the items are working, but I choose to stay out of the marketplace unless it is mine and I KNOW how it is working and will desribe it.

Occasionally I get folks who are too fishy andturn down their business all together.

If they're selling high-end items, could it be that they just created the extra accounts to get around some of the new selling restrictions? It sounds a little fishy, but that's at least one plausible explanation for it.

I have three IDs...it was originally done as one for buying, one for selling, and the other one was for selling my mom's things (much older clientiele, and many people were adding me on their favorites, so I wanted to keep my "young" items separate from hers). Over the years, I've been trying to build up feedback on each of them, so I kind of alternate between them for transactions. I don't think it's the number of IDs you need to be concerned about, as long as you get their items authenticated before you buy.