This Old Bag

HG - your avatar is just too cute.

I've really enjoyed your stories and pictures in this thread. As a Hermes newbie, I really have a lot to learn.

HG, I love all the avatars with the Hermes bags, but yours is surely refreshing. It is part you...part cute...and now it has a story to go with it. I just really like it. Thank you for sharing.

Actually she's Miel Niloticus Crocodile rather than Poro. croc, R blindstamp 32cm size.
Here is a closeup of the skin...

Attachments

• HermesMielcroc2.jpg
    HermesMielcroc2.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 49
Thanks D!:love:

I'm considering selling my dh for a pair of matching Miel pumps. :lol:
BTW, I finally ended up booking a 5 day trip to Las Vegas the first week of September thanks to an AWESOME code from Joanna. Hermes here I come! lol.

OK Japster....when you go to Hermes ask for either Sandra or Ronnie. They are both wonderful to work with and not pushy at all! Just delightful! If you ask if they have a particular bag you are looking for, they'll go check the back and bring out whatever they have! I had a GREAT time there and both women took extra time to explain things to my DD (who really only wanted to buy sunglasses at Dior....)

Wow, I love this thread! While I am new to the PF (thanks for accepting my application so fast!), I am not new to Hermes. In my avatar (and below) you will see my three mini Kellys. The black box is from 1988, the rouge H courcheval is from 1996 and the navy box is from 1991. The patina on the box leather minis just gets better.

I love all of your pictures and can't wait to see (and read more)!

Attachments

• MiniKellySisters.JPG
    MiniKellySisters.JPG
    15 KB · Views: 48
i am speechless! ninja sue, that black box kelly is 18 years old? are you kidding me (i know you aren't, but i'm in shock!).
hermesgroupie - you've shown me bags i have never seen before. the "rock" is so unique and so hermes. wonderful.

kellybag, thank you for putting me back on the box path. your words really gave a great description and you should know that they are as good as any picture - i needed that info from someone with experience such as yourself. i will pm you!

japster, i love that you have a souple kelly in box - i like to see how it sits in the souple style. i bet you love having it too. :lol: the croc - you're making some of us pant. :upsidedown:

greentea, mnpurselover, crochetbella, thank you for being so sweet.
everyone, thank you for posting - i LOVE reading this thread.
ayla, thank you for making me laugh (hard) - your avatar is hysterical!!!