This may sound crazy

mo.space

O.G.
Aug 25, 2007
but I want to buy a Hermes vintage Jige with the canvas in the middle and dye the canvas a hot pink colour or purple or something really striking. Do you guys think this is possible or completely ridiculous to mess with an Hermes piece like this?!

Would really like some input.. Thank you

but I want to buy a Hermes vintage Jige with the canvas in the middle and dye the canvas a hot pink colour or purple or something really striking. Do you guys think this is possible or completely ridiculous to mess with an Hermes piece like this?!

I think that if it belongs to you then you can do what you like with it. Whether other people like it or not should be irrelevant.

It's your bag and it that makes you happy, dye away. With the vast tastes and preferences around here, we all are happy for each other's special pieces. Good luck and show us your creation.

However I must say, the Kardasian nude Birkin wasn't met with a ton of praise.

I personally wouldn't do it because I'm not crafty and I would ruin it but you can do whatever strikes you fancy.

I've seen people get real creative with their H pieces - revitalizing old scarves by dying them, decoupaging scarves on wooden pieces etc and they came out fabulous! So, by all means, if you're not afraid you should go for it. Please so a reveal if you're happy with the results.

If you can dye the canvas without staining the leather trim or interior, it could be a really unique clutch. I'm thinking black box with Tosca or iris canvas. You'd have to find a really good deal, though; as someone said, it won't be serviceable by Hermes and probably can't be resold easily.

You will certainly have a truly unique piece. If the jige needs any repairs take it to H before you dye the canvas.

Love your creativity! Sounds like a neat custom piece and certainly a lot easier and cheaper than getting a SO from Hermes.

Maybe ask docride if she can recomend a good dye.

Love to see how it works out. Good luck!

Love hot pink and purple! If you get a Jige at a good price and you're handy, this can turn out really nice and so unique. Please post pics if you decide to go for it. :smile:

I personally wouldn't do it because I'm not crafty and I would ruin it but you can do whatever strikes you fancy.

I've seen people get real creative with their H pieces - revitalizing old scarves by dying them, decoupaging scarves on wooden pieces etc and they came out fabulous! So, by all means, if you're not afraid you should go for it. Please so a reveal if you're happy with the results.

I will definitely reveal, thank you so much!!

Of coz you can be creative
But bear in mind once you color or dye it
Item will no longer be able to spa with hermes
They will not accept

Yes, I'm aware of that but hopefully if need be I'll be able to send it to another bag spa. I have a really good one in London.

I would probably be terrified to do that to any H piece but it is up to you since it is yours.

Yes, I know what you mean!!

If you can dye the canvas without staining the leather trim or interior, it could be a really unique clutch. I'm thinking black box with Tosca or iris canvas. You'd have to find a really good deal, though; as someone said, it won't be serviceable by Hermes and probably can't be resold easily.

I'm aware that it won't be resold either but it would be such a special piece I doubt I'd want to resell it!!! I'm looking out for good deals, really desperate to do this now!!!

You will certainly have a truly unique piece. If the jige needs any repairs take it to H before you dye the canvas.

Love your creativity! Sounds like a neat custom piece and certainly a lot easier and cheaper than getting a SO from Hermes.

Maybe ask docride if she can recomend a good dye.

Love to see how it works out. Good luck!

Thank you!! after all the brilliant replies I'm actually quite excited about it!!!!! I was actually going to send it to the spa to get done, would never dream of doing it myself I'd wreck it for sure!! I could never do what docride done, I've been stalking her threads and think she is fantastic.

Love hot pink and purple! If you get a Jige at a good price and you're handy, this can turn out really nice and so unique. Please post pics if you decide to go for it. :smile:

I will post pictures! THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH for your response ladies. Super super excited x