This may be the way to save sticky handles

karenwk

O.G.
Sep 25, 2010
I've recently got my Raisin RH City, I knew sticky/ darken handles could happen, so I tried to avoid using hand cream during the day. Unfortunately, the 2nd time I carried my beloved bag, the thick body lotion that I applied the previous night somehow still managed to stain the handles. That day had been particularly hot, which certainly didn't help. I took it to a leather repairer. I just showed them the handles, with the rest of the bag still inside the dust bag. The funny thing was I was questioned whether the bag was made with leather... because they didn't think leather would ever get sticky. In all seriousness... If they couldn't tell PU from leather, there was no way I would leave my beloved bag with them.

Then I googled online and come across a product called Leather Degreaser.

Here is the Australian website that I bought the product from. Just google it, it should be fairly easy to get the product from your country/ region.

I also managed to find a youtube video on the product:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PThXx4LVKAY

I just used it on my bag. I used damp clean towel to wipe off white powder, and patted dry with dry towel. I'm definitely impressed with the result, even though my handles were not that sticky, not that darkened to start with. I'm not sure how it will work on different colour/ leather/ condition though, but I guess it will not hurt to try if you are desperate to fix your handles. Do try on a small area first though.

I hope this will be helpful to the fellow Bal lovers.

I used leather degreaser on one of my dark, sticky handles and it didn't do anything. But maybe I applied it wrong or something, or maybe mine were too far gone. Hope it works for you ladies!