This made me sad :-(

I wouldn't worry too much about what your friend thinks, her taste in bags isn't the best if she's carrying a fake IMO. I love Damier but I doubt it's for everybody, that's one of the things that makes LV so great, everyone can find something that fits their taste as the lines are so different.

My DH hates the regular Damier and thinks the same thing. Although he's allowed to have that opinion with me, I don't think your friend should be so tacky (first for buying that fake and secondly for saying such things) about something you obviously liked enough to buy.

The Illovo is a great bag, so she needs to shut her rude mouth. ;)

Don't let those jealous comments get to you! I'm sure she just wishes she could buy a real bag.

A friend of mine said something really mean too when I said I wanted to get the Damier speedy and she asked me if I was planning to replace my Guess wallet as well then. I simply said no, at the moment I just want the speedy and she said that I might as well not buy the speedy then because people will look at my wallet and assume my bag is fake (meanwhile, the wallet sits inside my pochette accessoires next to me...) and she didn't see the point in buying a real bag unless you're decked out in authentic designer goods from head to toe.

well, i am quite biased towards damier..it's so timeless and classic..and also that the "checkboard" is what attracts me the most...it's so subtle...

on the other hand..i don't think ur friend is very supportive of your likings..if u're a good friend, you should be happy that your friend has found something that would make her happy! like my chicago friend who bought me the 6-key holder..and a tiffany necklace one time...he did it because he knew that i would be happy if i received those presents..and he wanted to see me happy!

I like the damier pattern..it's very unique and different and doesn't scream LV! but I prefer the azur colors better than the brown, but that's just a personal preference.

Your friend was probably hurt by your comments about her bag (despite how true they were) and wanted to hurt you back. Childish? Perhaps. But many people have a hard time being supportive of you after they are criticized. Both the damier and the mono are classic patterns, and you should feel good about carrying either.

I was one of those people who doesn't like Damier at first sight. When I first saw it, it made me want to play chess. The years have gone by and my wrinkles show off a lot more than usual, I've begun to love the classic look of it. Now I love it more than the regular Monogram. It's so classy, and timeless.

I wasn't too keen on Damier at first but then I seen some styles of bags that looked great in damier. Now I love my damier duomo and can't wait to get a damier uzes for work.:nuts:
I'm sure your friend is just lashing out because you told her about her fake being wrong, I don't think it would've mattered what bag you had whether it be mono, denim etc.

Damier is beautiful pattern. I want a Damier Speedy one day. Because I live in BC, Canada - we tend to get a lot of rain. And it will be a perfect purse, since I love wearing darker colors as well. For my first speedy, I chose the Monogram over Damier, but I would love to get a Damier Speedy 25.

I have a friend that hates my Damier Speedy too - called is a checkerboard and says it's masculine. I don't let it bother me.

Sounds like your friend was feeling stung and probably a little embarrassed so she was lashing out to make you feel bad. I think you did right in warning her not to tell people it was real, to save her from embarassment. That's a hard thing to do and I would want a friend to tell me something like that. Sounds like she just was lashing out. I had one friend one time, after I lost a lot of weight, tell me my face looked old without the weight!
:yes:

Your friend was probably hurt by your comments about her bag (despite how true they were) and wanted to hurt you back. Childish? Perhaps. But many people have a hard time being supportive of you after they are criticized. Both the damier and the mono are classic patterns, and you should feel good about carrying either.

I agree!

I wasn't sure about damier at first, but after I saw two gorgeous damier bags on ladies at Target I ordered a small piece-a makeup bag. I love it, and I now I can't wait to get a bag! Enjoy your bag and don't let her criticism bother you.