.....This Is Why I Shouldn't Read My Mom's E-mail

*Michi*

コーチがすきです!
O.G.
Apr 22, 2009
My mom and I have a US address that we have things shipped to and the mailbox place sends her e-mail notifications when things arrive. I've been waiting for some Coach things so I checked her e-mail to see if they were in....and I shouldn't have.

She got an alert from eBay about an auction she's watching.....for a grey leather Maggie...just like the one I wanted at the Coach outlet 2 weeks ago. Some of you may remember my thread about how negative she was about that bag which I really wanted, well now it seems that it was going to be my Xmas present! I think that was her plan all along, she's pulled that trick before (says how much she hates something I want so then I don't buy it and she can get it for me as a gift). Ack! And I bought one last week from the bay too!

Nuts-_-' Lesson learned.

Last edited:
I remember that thread. I'm glad that it turned out she was only saying that so she could buy it for you. Is it possible to resell the one that you bought yourself? Or, since she hasn't won her's yet, maybe you'll have to come clean...

Uh Oh! I've ruined a few surprises myself by checking hubby's e-mail. But I had no good reason, just nosy. Atleast you have enough time to practice seeming surprised!

I can't believe I did it, she'll be so disappointed if she finds out. You should have seen me, I saw the e-mail and then covered my eyes like "No!! Noooooo!!" as if that was going to make me un-see it, lol.

Oh no!!! Maybe you could wait to use yours 'til Christmas! What a wonderful mother you have though!

Lol, I was so excited to get it in the mail but now I think I'll have to hold off on using her, just in case.

Haha, she's a crafty one that mother of mine;)

I remember that thread. I'm glad that it turned out she was only saying that so she could buy it for you. Is it possible to resell the one that you bought yourself? Or, since she hasn't won her's yet, maybe you'll have to come clean...

Well yeah, I guess if she buys it for me then I'll have to sell the one I bought since I won't need 2. Too bad the style doesn't suit her (so she says) or we could be bag twins! She's really good at eBay too, which means she just may get it. Although I told her the other day that I bought one but I don't think she remembers because she can't keep the style names straight and I've bought 8 bags in the past 2 weeks, lol. Nuts, maybe I should tell her....I'm worried she'll be bad or disappointed:sad: Bad me!

Last edited:
A similar thing happened to me! I wanted a Vera Bradley bag for Christmas (I use them as school totes- I'm too afraid to use Coach to carry textbooks and my laptop) and I showed my Mom an ebay auction where the bag NWT had a BIN was much cheaper than on the Vera website. My Mom has NO idea how to use ebay but I guess she saved the auction and asked a friend to show her how..because when I went to check on the auction and see if it sold, it had, to a username that was my first name and my brothers first name with 0 feedback. I knew it was her and I had to pretend like I had no idea on Christmas morning!

HI,
Did she actually bid on the Maggie for you? (I check on Ebay to watch a certain item w/o bidding!) Maybe she can find a different color for you!!! You might have to tell her or like the other Coachies have said, sell the one you bought!!!
Good Luck!!!
Lynne :biggrin:

Maybe you can just tell her that you bought the grey maggie that you saw at the outlet with her so she specifically knows, but don't tell her that you knew about her bidding on one. That way she can stop bidding or possibly retract her bid?

What a sweet mom!