This Is Us

I know we're supposed to think Miguel is "slimy" as was stated above...but to me..he was 100% honest with his friend in person and on the phone. He told him that he was jealous..and that she was basically a great spouse, and if you don't look after those kind of things...they slip away. So, I'm here for the rest of the storyline to pan out.
I personally know of people who've gone behind their best friends backs to hook up with their spouse..so the honesty to me was a good thing.

Yeah I didn't think he was slimy at all. That's the interesting thing about this show. We don't know what happened with Jack. It's obvious he has a drinking problem and, if he's an alcoholic, it's possible he doesn't stop drinking. Or he dies. Or he leaves her somewhere down the road.

Personally I don't think he was slimy at all. I am just hoping that Rebecca married him after jack died... Not sure if he did but I do hope they lived happily till the end and didn't get divorced.

I am the one who stated above that he was slimy :smile:. I thought he was slimy bc of how he said what he said. I don't think I would want my best friend describing my wife that way; it just made me shudder when he said some of it. I do agree that he was good to be honest and give Jack a wake-up call, but I did not agree with what he said. Also, like I said, I hope it was bc Jack died, so then Miguel was able to swoop in, I mean, maybe they truly fell in love :smile:. We will all see as the show continues :smile:. I am looking forward to how this all plays out!

I am the one who stated above that he was slimy :smile:. I thought he was slimy bc of how he said what he said. I don't think I would want my best friend describing my wife that way; it just made me shudder when he said some of it. I do agree that he was good to be honest and give Jack a wake-up call, but I did not agree with what he said. Also, like I said, I hope it was bc Jack died, so then Miguel was able to swoop in, I mean, maybe they truly fell in love :smile:. We will all see as the show continues :smile:. I am looking forward to how this all plays out!

I guess it's all perspective. Personally, I thought Jack was slimy for sitting in a bar drinking, whining about how his wife isn't the woman he married, while she's home busting her bum, raising their 3 kids, and it was nice to see another man call him out on his BS rather than agree with him about awful it is that his wife isn't available for him 24/7 anymore.

I guess it's all perspective. Personally, I thought Jack was slimy for sitting in a bar drinking, whining about how his wife isn't the woman he married, while she's home busting her bum, raising their 3 kids, and it was nice to see another man call him out on his BS rather than agree with him about awful it is that his wife isn't available for him 24/7 anymore.
I wish I could like this 1000x

Yes, I guess it is depending on where you are. Makes sense :smile:

I don't like how as babies, they keep putting Kate and Kevin in the same bassinet, but leave Randell in a separate bassinet. Kate and Kevin keep referring to themselves as twins, but technically they are not twins. Their mother was carrying triplets, so how are they twins? Wouldn't they be considered twins if they were identical an in one placenta and the other baby was in another placenta? I just feel, from the beginning the parents were treating Randell different. Why not change his name to a "K" name like the others, if she didn't want to use Kyle.

I absolutely love this show. I am not a "cry at the drop of a hat" person. I don't cry at hallmark commercials or those ASPCA commercials but I have wept on every single episode of this darn show. I love how real and honest it is while leaving hope at the same time.

Reactions: Tiny_T
It seems to me they're showing how the mom struggled with bonding with Randell after losing her third triplet. But they must have done a good job with him because look at the man he became.

I don't like how as babies, they keep putting Kate and Kevin in the same bassinet, but leave Randell in a separate bassinet. Kate and Kevin keep referring to themselves as twins, but technically they are not twins. Their mother was carrying triplets, so how are they twins? Wouldn't they be considered twins if they were identical an in one placenta and the other baby was in another placenta? I just feel, from the beginning the parents were treating Randell different. Why not change his name to a "K" name like the others, if she didn't want to use Kyle.

About Kate and Kevin in the same bassinet: I remember Jack telling someone (maybe the dr) that those 2 could only fall asleep when they were together.

I suppose she could have given him a K name. But the name Randall was giving him something from his bio parents - bio mum's favourite poet was Dudley Randall. After giving him his name the bonding started [emoji4]

I've jumped on board too and so far really love this show.
I got the impression that Jack is dead and has been for a while, because when Rebecca and Miguel showed up, there was a big enthusiastic "grandma and grandpa are here!" I don't see them saying that if Miguel was grandma's recent jump off, or if Jack, their real grandpa, was still alive or in their lives. Maybe Jack's still alive, but I thought he must have vanished a long time ago and isn't known as grandpa to Randall's kids.
Milo Ventimiglia is one of those guys who gets better with age.
Randall and his wife are both gorgeous. Serious eye candy, both of them.