This Is Us

I know! That is what I was saying above...that I would have been wailing, flailing and on the floor with snot bubbles and acting a fool if my man, a good man, had died like that. He deserved better from her. The kids showed more emotion and sadness. SMH.
I guess she was in shock....sometimes you have a delayed reaction. But she annoys me pretty much all the time.

Reactions: skyqueen
I guess she was in shock....sometimes you have a delayed reaction. But she annoys me pretty much all the time.

True, different people have different reactions. It was her disbelief. But yeah, Mandy Moore is just not the best actress. Although I did enjoy her in "A Walk to Remember".

I haven't cried until last night's episode. :-s

Reactions: krissa
I cried a lot during the beginning of the episode, during the fire. Fires are my worst nightmare. I am so terrified of them and once the family was outside on the lawn watching their house burn down I lost it.

I was glad when Jack got to Kate's room and she was actually freaking out and hysterical and scared. Up until that point the rest of the family was all calm and rational and it just seemed too perfect, like everyone knew what to do and reacted in the best way.

they tricked us.....all thought they were going to foster or adopt that cute little boy

Yes!!!! I thought there was going to be a different twist with Jack’s death too... guess I overhyped it in my mind. I had to rewind it though, to make sure the caseworker was Tess. I was a bit disappointed with the episode, but am optimistic for Tuesday.

they tricked us.....all thought they were going to foster or adopt that cute little boy
Yes! That cute little boy!! Didn’t someone mention they flashed another boy and was hinting at Randall fostering him? I was very surprised to see Deja.
I'm wondering if it's the same adorable little boy? Can't remember which episode he was first introduced in. I think Deja's return will be an interesting storyline and show why Tess went into Social Work. Love this storyline...a family of do-gooders! Refreshing...................

Reactions: Storm702
I think I would have cried more if we saw Jack's actual death (which took place off screen) or saw Rebecca actually break down. She cried for 10 seconds and was then "gotta soldier on for the kids". She would not even let Miguel say "oh my God". Jack did not just go in for the dog but family photos etc. It took time to find all of that so it cannot be said for certain saving the dog killed him. I think the Jack origin story is going to be overkill

I think I would have cried more if we saw Jack's actual death (which took place off screen) or saw Rebecca actually break down. She cried for 10 seconds and was then "gotta soldier on for the kids". She would not even let Miguel say "oh my God". Jack did not just go in for the dog but family photos etc. It took time to find all of that so it cannot be said for certain saving the dog killed him. I think the Jack origin story is going to be overkill
I'm not sure about the jack back story either but he's such a beloved character he pretty much has to be on the show in some way or another