This Is Us

Patiently waiting for 9 pm on September 26..... my fiance & kids are dreading the "This Is Us" return, as no one was allowed to speak to me unless it's during commercials, and they aren't enamored of my ugly crying.....annnnnnd I've since gotten pregnant with twins so I'll probably be double the hot mess!

I'm binge watching it on episode 12. Its not heartbreaking at all. I like Kate. Mandy Moore is to unbelievable its kinda corny. This show is trying too hard. Never can it be mentioned it the same realm as "six feet under" that was a heart wrenching show. In my opinion one of 6 feet was one of the best ever.
I refuse to watch this show because the bolded was my conclusion after hearing SO many people go on about how every episode makes you cry.

Six Feet Under never tried that hard. But when it slayed you, you were down for the count! I watched the finale ONCE when it aired back in 2005...I have never been able to watch it again. It was so beautiful and devastating. Best series finale of all time, imo.

Reactions: dharma
I'm binge watching it on episode 12. Its not heartbreaking at all. I like Kate. Mandy Moore is to unbelievable its kinda corny. This show is trying too hard. Never can it be mentioned it the same realm as "six feet under" that was a heart wrenching show. In my opinion one of 6 feet was one of the best ever.
To each his own...Sterling K. Brown moves me every time.. phenomenal actor.

Six Feet Under was a great show. This is Us is a very good show too. I don't cry every episode but I like it. I think most of the actors are very good. Mandy Moore isn't my favorite but I look forward to the return of the show in the coming weeks.

Reactions: Storm702
Six Feet Under was a great show. This is Us is a very good show too. I don't cry every episode but I like it. I think most of the actors are very good. Mandy Moore isn't my favorite but I look forward to the return of the show in the coming weeks.

Yea, I agree. I've shed some tears a few episodes (and I'm a cryer) but not every or even the majority of them. I do really enjoy it (not a fan of Mandy's acting either). I think overall it's an uplifting story which is very lacking nowadays.

Yea, I agree. I've shed some tears a few episodes (and I'm a cryer) but not every or even the majority of them. I do really enjoy it (not a fan of Mandy's acting either). I think overall it's an uplifting story which is very lacking nowadays.

another great show was Parenthood......never got the buzz that This Is Us is getting and it was also on regular network TV

Reactions: Gblb
I love the show and can't wait for it to come back. Sterling K. Brown and Ron Jones were amazing in season 1. I don't cry every episode; I think the only episode I cried was when William and Randall took the road trip. When William reunited with his cousin I knew it was going to be a tearjerker. Can't wait for season 2 and kudos to SKB on his emmy win!!

Reactions: Lubina