This is un-believable/eBay nightmare

purseinality

May 23, 2011
Advice about an eBay transaction?!?!
I listed a COACH Kristin Elevated Leather Tote-style #16815 on eBay and then shipped it to the buyer. The auction ended 11/14 and this is the message I received today 11/22-

I thought you should know that the coach bag you sold me was not in like new condition with only the one scratch. You can tell it had been carried a lot! from the looks of the leather. Several! scratches on it you neglected to state or reveal. Shipping was within the time frame you indicated, but the bag was not. Disappointed, I wanted this kind of bag for a long while and now I have one that you stated was in "like new" condition with a minor scratch which you indicated. Just disappointed that you charged what you did- I took you at your word- buyer beware I guess. I could have purchased it cheaper and in better condition from another post I saw on here. Feel taken. Sorry but it should have been listed as "used" with several scrapes and scratches in the worn looking leather!

-NEW COACH 16815 Kristin Elevated Leather North South Tote Handbag Platinum Gold
Item Id: 190599418212
End time: Nov-14-11 15:36:40 PST
Buyer:
lt1inman (4)

I am in SHOCK!! this has never happened to me before-I purchased this handbag from the COACH outlet! I'm thinking that the buyer was expecting the leather to be smooth. I know for a fact that this bag is made of a "textured" type of leather, although the black and the pink colors are made of "smooth" leather. I purchased this bag with the 2 scratches on the bottom and with the COACH retail tag NOT attached but inside the front pocket. I CLEARLY stated these things in my eBay listing AND I also had a picture of the scratches In my listing!!! I am beyond upset that everything this buyer is saying is UN-TRUE!!!
I have 100% positive feedback and I am VERY proud of that!!!
I don't know how to handle this and ANY ANY ANY advice on what I should do would be GREATLY appreciated!!! I feel like my credibility is being questioned by a buyer who has SERIOUS buyers remorse!!! HELP

i don't think it's buyers remorse, to me it sounds like she wants a partial refund. i can be wrong though.

if she is - then it's not a good situation to be in, if you refuse and make her send it back - she might damage your bag out of spite.

partials really annoy me for some reason. that's something i'd never ask for and i get irked everytime i see people do it. just personal opinion.

and good luck

yup....buyers remorse. And fishing for a partial imo

Check her purchases ------ if she wants to return it she might try and pull a switcheroo, but I really think she wants some $$$$ back. :nono:

poopsie, not arguing, just asking. how come you think it's buyers remorse. to me it sounds like she is totally happy with it and is looking for a way to get a dicount.
no?

i thought buyer's remorse is when you buy something and then realize you didn't want it to begin with.

yup....buyers remorse. And fishing for a partial imo

Check her purchases ------ if she wants to return it she might try and pull a switcheroo, but I really think she wants some $$$$ back. :nono:

Agree here. If the OP indeed did disclose the bag's condition 100%, the buyer is just being a turd.

IMO buyers remorse can include spending too much iykwim......;) Buyers will look for/exaggerate flaws to weasel a discount or force a return

oh, got it. then yeah, that's probably it. except that i don't think she wants to return it))))))))) rebate. wtf do people think ebay is?

Of course she doesn't want to return it......she wants the seller to pay her for taking it off her hands! :nuts:

Ebay has fostered the mentality that there is a biiiiig warehouse that all sellers ship from...........if you want the 'privilege' of renting/returning things go pay full price at a retailer. No returns accepted is the trade-off for getting things at bargain prices.......IMO ;)

omg, do you feel that way too? besides the partials, returns annoy me as well. not even on ebay, anywhere. i understand once in a blue something is broken or doesn't fit or something, but i don't get this whole buy-return for the f of it thing.

i'm probably saying this in the wrong place))))))))))))

Tell the buyer that the bag is exactly as pictured and described. Tell her to go to the listing and look at the last ENLARGED picture and she'll see the scratches ---- the scratches that are not only photographed but clearly described in bold blue font.

If she's not happy with the condition then certainly a partial refund wouldn't "fix" the damage. Let her return it for a refund of the purchase price only, deducting whatever it cost you for shipping. Return shipping should be at her expense and remind her to use s.c. since the item was >$250.

Another option you might want to consider is to allow her to resell it using your pictures and description. As a newbie, she might be intimidated by selling but your offer might make it easier for her.

oh, got it. then yeah, that's probably it. except that i don't think she wants to return it))))))))) rebate. wtf do people think ebay is?

Beats me. I just cancelled a transaction because the winning bidder tried to negotiate the sale price down after the event, which meant she was offering less than the person she outbid to win! It's very cheeky and makes me feel I'd rather not sell the item. I don't want to encourage that sort of behaviour.

I agree. No partials.

When you relist, put in a disclaimer to read the full listing at the very top of it. Someone looking at it on an iphone has to go through a few maneuvers to se the full text.

agree here... no partials... just tell her to send it back with sc since it is over
$250... she's testing the waters to see if you will give her a partial....don't
get caught up in this.....just stand firm....your pics & description were accurate
she is manipulating the situation, IMO....