This is so so weird!

rosieroseanna

Spenderella
O.G.
Dec 9, 2006
As you know about 3 weeks ago I bought the Gucci medium chain hobo. Anyway, I sprayed it with leather protector and it went a pinky bronzy colour which I managed to get rid of by wiping with baby wipes. I assumed it was the spray although I had a Christian Dior bag that did the same thing and I didnt spray that one.

Anyway I was on ebay and saw this: the same bag, from Saks and the same colour mone went. has anyone else's done this? http://cgi.ebay.com/1095-Authentic-...ryZ63852QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It might be the dye of the leather that loses its luster overtime. I'd try polishing or conditioning the leather instead of spraying protectant.

I've an old Miu Miu bag in black leather, it's not pinkish but lost its luster over the years, I polished it and it looks brand new!

Oh no it has started to turn that funny colour again. If I return it I cant get another one as there are none in England and on the Gucci site if you live in England you can only have the monogram one which I dont want. Should I send it back to Gucci in Italy? What do you think they would do?

UPDATE: I rang up Gucci on Bond Street and spoke to the manager who said this is a common problem, apprantely it is due to the bag being natural and is an oxidisation and I can take it into their after care and they have a special product for it and that will fix it! Yippee!