This is so ridiculous...

You need a new SA for sure! If I order over the phone I have pictures of the item texted to me and make sure they understand I won't accept anything that's not in perfect condition and when possible always get a fresh one that hasn't been on the floor. So sorry you've had so much trouble and PM me if you'd like the name of a good SA!

I have to disagree with coming down on the SA - I went to 4 different Chanels -3 standing boutiques and Sam's when hunting for my blue jumbo. ALL the bags I looked at were in original wrapping - straight from shopping and not displays - and almost all except for the one I bought looked like that or similar. I must have looked at at least 12 bags during the process. I was told by every single SA that I was dealt with that these "scratches" we're natural hide imperfections and added to the beauty of the bag. They thought they were acceptable - I did not. I don't think she gave OP a display but I think the quality control of Chanel itself is has gone down.

Ugh don't u just hate it when the SAs tries to pass off a scratch as something natural? Or... "What scratch? I don't see anything"

BS. I'm not an idiot and I see what I see. 🙄[emoji19][emoji34]

It's lambskin, they're only a small surface scratches and the problem is 100% fixable. While I can see why you're upset, due to the nature of the leather this is going to happen on a daily basis if you use the bag regularly. My goodness, these sort of marks even happen when my black lambskin classic bag has been in storage so it doesn't surprise me that this happened in the post where it would get knocked around a fair bit.

You can easily buff these surface scratches out with the polishing cloth or a good leather conditioner. I use the Bally leather conditioner they sell at Bally stores, apply it to a white microfiber cloth and then use the cloth to buffer/polish the leather (never put leather conditioner directly onto the bag). The bag will look perfect :smile:

Otherwise if you can't handle this, opt for another leather finish that's less maintenance. That's all I can say really. Chanel quality is still amazing

It's lambskin, they're only a small surface scratches and the problem is 100% fixable. While I can see why you're upset, due to the nature of the leather this is going to happen on a daily basis if you use the bag regularly. My goodness, these sort of marks even happen when my black lambskin classic bag has been in storage so it doesn't surprise me that this happened in the post where it would get knocked around a fair bit.

You can easily buff these surface scratches out with the polishing cloth or a good leather conditioner. I use the Bally leather conditioner they sell at Bally stores, apply it to a white microfiber cloth and then use the cloth to buffer/polish the leather (never put leather conditioner directly onto the bag). The bag will look perfect :smile:

Otherwise if you can't handle this, opt for another leather finish that's less maintenance. That's all I can say really. Chanel quality is still amazing

I have to second this

Most scratches on lamb skin can be buffed out as many members have said

This is bound to happen even if you find another one

It's not damaged or defect really

If you don't like it then perhaps move onto patent or caviar

Last edited:

I totally agree that lambskin is prone to this type of scuffing...but I'd feel more at ease knowing that I was the cause of the imperfection. If I'm paying for a new / first-hand Chanel I want to get it in perfect condition. If I muck it up, on my head be it; but it's not cool to pay premium for a premium product if it doesn't arrive in perfect condition.

Obviously not the same for second-hand items, but that is not the case here.

I disagree. I received a bag prior to this one that did not have scratches like this. Although, it did have other issues. A bag should not be scratched that I'm purchasing brand new, at this price point. The whole surface was covered in these scratches. This had obviously been a display model. If it's going to be scratched up, I'd like to be the one causing the scratches. I wouldn't buy a new car covered in scratches, either.

I totally agree that lambskin is prone to this type of scuffing...but I'd feel more at ease knowing that I was the cause of the imperfection. If I'm paying for a new / first-hand Chanel I want to get it in perfect condition. If I muck it up, on my head be it; but it's not cool to pay premium for a premium product if it doesn't arrive in perfect condition.

Obviously not the same for second-hand items, but that is not the case here.

Very well said! 👍🏼 if I'm paying this kind of money, it better not be scratched up. A brand new bag shouldn't look like this. A used bag is a different story. I felt like I bought a used bag for premium price.

I agree that bags should come to us pristine. That's why it's best to see the bags in person before buying. I have been known to go to NYC (8 hour round trip) to buy bags (this is how I got my Lady Dior; I have the best SA but wasn't about to rely on pics). My boy was shipped to me (again, an almost 8 hour round trip but spread out over 2 days) but I picked it out in person and decided to buy while I was on my way home.
Bags are so important to me that I am willing to work in a mini vacation to buy them ;) If at all possible, shop in person.

I agree that bags should come to us pristine. That's why it's best to see the bags in person before buying. I have been known to go to NYC (8 hour round trip) to buy bags (this is how I got my Lady Dior; I have the best SA but wasn't about to rely on pics). My boy was shipped to me (again, an almost 8 hour round trip but spread out over 2 days) but I picked it out in person and decided to buy while I was on my way home.
Bags are so important to me that I am willing to work in a mini vacation to buy them ;) If at all possible, shop in person.

I agree. I usually prefer to see things in person. It's just difficult for us to travel. We have an 18 month old baby girl and three animals. Otherwise, I'd love to go to a boutique. Because of all the trouble I've had with ordering, I'll be finding a way to get to a boutique next time. When there's a will, there's a way! Lol

I disagree. I received a bag prior to this one that did not have scratches like this. Although, it did have other issues. A bag should not be scratched that I'm purchasing brand new, at this price point. The whole surface was covered in these scratches. This had obviously been a display model. If it's going to be scratched up, I'd like to be the one causing the scratches. I wouldn't buy a new car covered in scratches, either.

well said!! and i totally agree with you. if you're gonna pay retail + tax, and at these ridiculous prices, you should get a PRISTINE bag, even if it's lambskin. not one that's obviously been tried on, looked at, etc. scratches on lambskin buffs out, but why have to go through that hassle when the dang bag is supposed to be BRAND NEW?!??!!! not gonna lie, i've also been disappointed with the quality on the newer Chanels, it does not even come close to the quality on the older bags, that's just my honest opinion.