this is so crazy!!

shopmom411 said:
Actually, now that I think of it, my SA also offered to charge my new Kelly on the phone....In fact, he's got not only my cc number but my debit card number on file.....hmmmmm...I'm not sure that's too good of an idea.
I've never had a problem with Hermes having my card numbers. Now me having my card numbers is another story.

^ donna, he probably did that cuz he was nervous that you might change your mind last minute. it's more to assure them that you'll follow through with your purchase and guarantee the sale.

Since we're on the topic of credit cards ... is it true that if you need a store to charge-send a purse over the phone, you have to pay them with AMEX? Long time ago I was trying to get a store to charge-send me a Bolide, they couldn't do it because I don't have AMEX (only Mastercard and Visa). However, they felt bad so they ended up sending the purse to a boutique near me so I could go in person and buy it with MC. It was really nice of them to do that since according to the director of that store, sending the Bolide to the store near me means that they are giving up their commission to the other store as there's no exchanging of bags taking place between stores in this case.