This is JUST WRONG.

I am going to agree with Kallison and CoachKatie, you really crossed the line. By stating that they were "trailer trash" you lost ALL your credibility in the post. Not to mention, its WAY tacky and classless...try being a lady and think before you type.
... I think that (poor word choice) could have been corrected in one post and been over and done with! I don't get the point in constantly bashing someone over the head for choosing the wrong word. They are her family and she's not generalizing anyone but them. I really question the motives for re-iterating this point, which I feel wouldn't have occurred if she had been a member longer. Which is rather silly. Pulling seniority on a message board is silly.

I don't quite understand how razorbackbelle0 is being rude towards people by saying trailer trash; although I do think it's rude to label or put names on other people.
However, kallison you're really sinking down to a low level by flaming razorbackbelle0, she simply wants advice from her situation that she's in, not from what she calls or thinks of her family members. That has obviously offended/triggered you because you've been coming back to this forum and commenting on what razorbackbelle0 and others are saying. There's nothing wrong with being offended it's the way you expess it, and you've done it in a petty, rude way.
i never flamed her. please read over what i wrote. nor am i personally offended. quite the opposite, really. i am working on a degree that involves working with people a lot- so stereotyping seems ridiculous to me.

i have a right to defend myself by responding, btw.

razorbackbelle, I agree with everyone that you should give her a nice gift. I'm also sorry that people seem to be overreacting to your comments, I would have never thought the term trailer trash would strike such a nerve.

It's a forum. A place where people share and state OPINIONS. Don't take things to heart and don't let them bother you. Someone saying that trailer trash is a poor choice of wording is hardly flaming nor is anyone trying to make you feel bad. We were just raising awareness that people on this forum are from all demographics and such statements could really offend and hurt someone.

Again, I AM REALLY REALLY SORRY! But I think that awareness was raised with the first post saying my wording wasn't PC-- the ten afterwards are just kind of overkill. Like I said I'm feeling kind of low and I don't like stirring up trouble and now everybody's going to look at me and treat me differently and I'm really not happy about that, so I'm going to go to bed now.

... I think that (poor word choice) could have been corrected in one post and been over and done with! I don't get the point in constantly bashing someone over the head for choosing the wrong word. They are her family and she's not generalizing anyone but them. I really question the motives for re-iterating this point, which I feel wouldn't have occurred if she had been a member longer. Which is rather silly. Pulling seniority on a message board is silly.
wait...who is pulling seniority? that's a total non-issue.

This thread has gotten out of hand. The OP is called out for name calling, which is admitedly true. Then some of the people accusing her of name calling call her tacky, classless, not a lady, etc. One of Kallison's posts came across as quite threatening. I think the OP spoke rashly, and in anger. I think it is positive to point that out, but there is no use in calling her names and going off on her. She said she was sorry, and she seems to feel bad about it. I am sure she has learned her lesson. A lesson, it seems, others who preach may do well to practice.

Again, I AM REALLY REALLY SORRY! But I think that awareness was raised with the first post saying my wording wasn't PC-- the ten afterwards are just kind of overkill. Like I said I'm feeling kind of low and I don't like stirring up trouble and now everybody's going to look at me and treat me differently and I'm really not happy about that, so I'm going to go to bed now.

You really don't need to apologize. You did nothing that hurt or offended me. No one is going to treat you differently. Everyone has said something that could possibly offend someone or that was upsetting to others and everyone has been in the same position as you and I can guarantee that on a forum you will be in the same position again just as everyone else has been.

In all honesty, I think TXCollegeGirl, you just need to chill. You are trying so hard to defend Razorbackbelle...but just chill out, take some ciriticism. And Razorbackbelle, no one is saying you need to leave the forum, if anything come out of this learning something.

oh geez, are you kidding me? seriously?

Yes. Seriously. I really would like to know what you meant by that comment. If I took it wrong, then I'll admit to it - that I perhaps misread your comment. I'm asking a simple question. And, like you said, if you really did not do or say anything wrong, then what is the problem with you simply explaining your meaning?