This is horrible. My bow bag got totally ruined, broken perfume bottle...

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. This is a very sad post to write.

The palissandro bow bag was my first true bag love. My first designer bag and the bag that started my passion.

I babied it for years, have used it soo rarely, it was in perfect condition for a bag a few years old.

But something happened. A while ago a perfume bottle broke inside of it, and I have tried EVERYTHING to remove the smell.
    I tried to get it professionally cleaned with no luck. I tried to wipe it again and again.
    I tried to let it hang outside every day and inside during the night. I tried the baking soda trick for weeks. I even tried an ionizing machine that they use to get smell out of car seats at the local mercedes benz...

But this bag was not possible to restore. And yesterday I got the insurance money for it. :nogood:

2. So sorry to hear! I didn't know that bags can be insured against such things.

3. Mine did :smile: Luckily...

4. That's awful! I did something similar with mine. My travel coffee mug wasn't closed properly and spilled inside my Miu Miu matellesse bag. I let it dry naturally but the leather hasn't felt the same since :cry: