This is going to sound insanely stupid...

Dtrivi89

O.G.
Feb 3, 2013
I want to get a Speedy 35, but I REALLY want a MIF just because I think the tab looks bare without that imprint! I went to LV and asked if the could find one for me but they were quick to jump down my throat and say NO! What are the odds that they can order one for me from the 866 number? Should I even try I'm getting frustrated with some of the rude snappy SAs at my store and frankly might just be ordering from the site from now on....

No LV will not help you at all find a MIF one.
I searched for 9 months for a Delightful MM MIF, LV was no help...
I finally was lucky enough to find a like new pre loved one..
Maybe you can try to find one pre loved.
Good luck!! ;)

I honestly think that TPF hype about MIF bags is the reason I even noticed that my LV's that I have already bought are made in USA and that there was even a difference! Now I am all concerned about trying to get MIF or MIS pieces. It's silly really. I should just stop it. It's really not that big of a deal right?

My Husband is currently in Abu Dhabi this week on business. I should have him get me one there. I am sure it would not be a Made in USA piece that way. But I can't find what their pricing is there!!

That's so unfortunate. On Saturday I asked my SA to help me find a bag MIF and she was more than happy to look for me. Maybe you can try asking a different SA? Perhaps go one night during the week when the store may not be as busy?? Good luck!!

I honestly think that TPF hype about MIF bags is the reason I even noticed that my LV's that I have already bought are made in USA and that there was even a difference! Now I am all concerned about trying to get MIF or MIS pieces. It's silly really. I should just stop it. It's really not that big of a deal right?

My Husband is currently in Abu Dhabi this week on business. I should have him get me one there. I am sure it would not be a Made in USA piece that way. But I can't find what their pricing is there!!

It's nonsense, yes! They're all of equal quality, as far as country of origin is concerned. Any discrepancies in quality are nothing to do with where they were assembled. I think some people take the obsession way too far (in general from what I've seen on tPF - not OP, particularly). I'll admit I wanted at least one piece made in France, because it's a French company, but after that I honestly haven't cared where my pieces are from, as long as they're not defective I'm good! If anything I like the variety. I live in Britain and I'm actually kind of sad that I can't easily add a MiUSA piece to my collection of French and Spanish LVs! I intend to buy something next time I visit the States so that I can do just that.

I think I agree with you....it's silly right? The bags are still the same exact quality right? And I'm paying the same prices. I guess I'll just be happy to get my speedy no matter where it's made =)

It's nonsense, yes! They're all of equal quality, as far as country of origin is concerned. Any discrepancies in quality are nothing to do with where they were assembled. I think some people take the obsession way too far (in general from what I've seen on tPF - not OP, particularly). I'll admit I wanted at least one piece made in France, because it's a French company, but after that I honestly haven't cared where my pieces are from, as long as they're not defective I'm good! If anything I like the variety. I live in Britain and I'm actually kind of sad that I can't easily add a MiUSA piece to my collection of French and Spanish LVs! I intend to buy something next time I visit the States so that I can do just that.

Haha lets trade! Ill send you a MIU if you send me a MIF!!! Hahaha I guess it's silly after all

I want to get a Speedy 35, but I REALLY want a MIF just because I think the tab looks bare without that imprint! I went to LV and asked if the could find one for me but they were quick to jump down my throat and say NO! What are the odds that they can order one for me from the 866 number? Should I even try I'm getting frustrated with some of the rude snappy SAs at my store and frankly might just be ordering from the site from now on....

I think your probably going to have to call individual stores and see if someone will check. I don't know if 866 has an inventory list of MIF items or just bags in general. If you order online, it comes from the warehouse and no one can check. I think its going to be hard to find since its a popular bag. Maybe you can find a preloved one.

Ok.. so admittedly I know NOTHING about the Speedy.. what tab are you talking about?

Ok.. so admittedly I know NOTHING about the Speedy.. what tab are you talking about?

Haha sorry, it's the little Vachetta leather bit on the sides by the zippers...they are stamped "Made in France" but the MIU ones are blank and it's minor I know but it looks bare I feel....maybe they will hot stamp my initials there?!?

I kind of like that the bags dont say anything anymore. When they said "made in USA, like my speedy does, I think it looks less of a "french" purse, than it being omitted completely. My delightful just says LOUIS VUITTON PARIS, and I prefer that look more.

Haha sorry, it's the little Vachetta leather bit on the sides by the zippers...they are stamped "Made in France" but the MIU ones are blank and it's minor I know but it looks bare I feel....maybe they will hot stamp my initials there?!?

Oh, Ok... good idea on the hot stamping HOWEVER... will you be satisfied with that?? If you are anything like me you won't be and it will drive you nuts until you get the one you want no matter how "minor" the detail.