This Is Going To Sound Crazy But, Need Your Thoughts Please

Oct 8, 2013
I enjoy finding great pre loved LV items on Ebay. With that being said won a SLG and was thrilled. Turns out it's from the one place we are hearing about 24-7 lately which is Dallas Texas. Feel like a dope because it kind of freaked me out and I'm sure it's fine but just to be on the safe neurotic side would you open the pkg with gloves and maybe leave it in the garage for a while. I know rationally that germ isn't on it and it can't live on coated canvas but....
Would love your thoughts. Maybe ill mix up a batch of Lovin my bags with Lysol. Lol

I enjoy finding great pre loved LV items on Ebay. With that being said won a SLG and was thrilled. Turns out it's from the one place we are hearing about 24-7 lately which is Dallas Texas. Feel like a dope because it kind of freaked me out and I'm sure it's fine but just to be on the safe neurotic side would you open the pkg with gloves and maybe leave it in the garage for a while. I know rationally that germ isn't on it and it can't live on coated canvas but....
Would love your thoughts. Maybe ill mix up a batch of Lovin my bags with Lysol. Lol

The virus can only live on surfaces for a few hours so I wouldn't worry about it. Even if that person was sick - you should be okay. You could do the Lysol thing but I'd worry about it ruining the canvas somehow.

Hate to say but it if was at easy as "Lysol" Ebola wouldn't be a issue...

Well I happen to live in the Great State of Texas and what's going on in Dallas is a concern. But not for a handbag.

I saw that Ebola doesn't live on inanimate surfaces. They were showing the Dallas hospital and pointing to the walls, floors, hospital carts, etc. and said they found no Ebola on those places.

So, enjoy your new lovely, and fear not for Ebola on your bag. HTH.

If the item was directly exposed to a dying person shedding virus it could live in a moist environment (ie is there blood or mucus on the item?) for at most a few days. If it's dry it is only hours.

And remember more Americans have been dumped by Taylor swift than have contracted ebola. Even patient zeros family doesn't have it. Unless you are a healthcare worker or handling dead bodies the risk is insanely low.

Thank you all for your responses, I wasn't trying to make light of such a heartbreaking and fearful situation for so many. My husband had a very bad stroke several months ago and yesterday had to undergo a surgery for his heart and the nurses were telling me how important it was that he didn't come into contact with any type of bacteria since it could be extremely dangerous to his heart. So of course my rational side knew the SLG wasn't a problem but after hearing that I am ready to wrap him in a bubble. He's a great guy that's been through so much, way too young, and I know that the SLG coming from our beautiful state of Texas isn't going to be a problem. In fact a few of the nurses were willing to take it off of my hands, lol. I am sorry if I have offended anyone with this thread, I haven't slept in 48 hours and have been living in his hospital room so I really shouldn't be trusted with an iPad at this time.

I was just out and about in North Dallas for lunch and shopping touching door handles amongst other things. Your SLG is fine. Hope your husband has a full recovery. So sorry for what your going through. I'd be a little paranoid too, but not about this one. Enjoy your SLG.

Lol bless you, personally i dont think you have anything to worry about as ebola is tramsmitted through bodily fluids and i doubt very much your handbag has been anywhere near that! Enjoy your item and dont fret so much xxxx

I live in Dallas, hun. Well, a suburb anyway, and I also have children so I know your anxiety. Still, I believe you'll be just fine. The media is totally feeding off of everyone's fear down here. I actually just sold an item on ebay, (which the buyer already received and loved) and I know I don't have any risk or exposure, so the odds of the seller you bought from are more than likely the same. What most consider Dallas is actually a huge area! You'll be ok. :smile: