"THIS" is expected just because the bag is used?

pigalle74

Apr 7, 2009
This is my first SNAD case- in my over 15 years of ebay. I purchased this bag and received it today

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...562113&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_819wt_1165

Here're a few pictures of the bag I received.

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

The hardware is moldy green and there are disgusting stains all over the place. When I contacted the seller, this was the reply..

"Hello
As to say about the barely used phrase, i can definitely say that it IS barely used. I have only held it four times. For the "water stains" you are talking about i did show a picture on my description, however since it is pre owned you cannot forget the fact that markings on the bottom are expected. I feel you have expected something that was in new condition. The leather for rebecca minkoff although is thick and heavy it is very easy to get markings easily. Lets leave it up to ebay to decide"

I'll be glad to let ebay handle this case- I don't understand how the seller would not notice these flaws and say the bag is mint and markings are "barely unnoticeable".....but we're talking about ebay...sigh.

Oh gracious!!!! I would be embarassed to sell this bag!

Seller does not sound very cooperative either. Hope eBay can resolve this for you! I think you have a strong case based on the pictures. The seller should be ashamed!

WOW!! Comparing the bag in the listing and the photos...without a back story, I'd say they were NOT the same bag!

This seller needs to use the dictionary more because this bag is not barely used, not barely worn, and definitely NOT mint with a few marks!

Good for you on filing a SNAD. This is absolutely unacceptable....knowing this, I would have NEVER paid the price you did on it!

Good luck and keep us posted

Op, I am very sorry! that bag looks disgusting, the seller only held it 4 times? that bag has clearly used and abused.. I wonder what she did to it!
The pictures in the listing are not showing any of the damage, she is a horrible seller. I am sure you will get your money back, that bag is clearly a SNAD.
Good Luck!

OMG, I am so sorry that this happened to you. The bag looks awful and is certainly not in mint condition. I would be on the phone with paypal immediately. I have had good luck the one time I needed to dispute a purchase. Good luck and let us know what happens.

LOL - If anyone believes that this seller used this bag only 4 times, well... I have a bridge in Brooklyn that I want to sell you!

But seriously, I have no doubt that you will have this decided in your favor, . Like Ellie said, make sure you send a link to your pics in your claim. This seller clearly hid the true condition of the bag. And thanks for posting the listing so that I can never buy from this seller!!!!

Her wording in the description is wacky or a sub-conscience slip....

Mint Condition with a few markings as seen on the last picture but very very good condition, barely UNNOTICABLE.

^^^Well, there you have it, ladies! The double-negative means that it was super-noticeable! How could you not have known!? (kidding, of course)

"very very good?" Ha!! It looks like she threw it down a sewer and then took it out and changed her baby's diaper on it. Then spilled baby formula all over it. Ick.

Her wording in the description is wacky or a sub-conscience slip....

Mint Condition with a few markings as seen on the last picture but very very good condition, barely UNNOTICABLE.

right, I was thinking the same thing. Her conscience slipped into her subconscious mind, apparently!

And those pictures, seriously they look so much darker the color isn't even the same, wonder if they were doctored.? anyway, seems like a clear case. Best of luck~