This is driving me crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.

LVenthusiast

Louis is my homeboy
Aug 24, 2007
Ok, I have to vent or else I'll go nuts. Sorry if this is too long. I do the park and ride everyday to work since I work at a big university and parking is scarce. Anyway, I usually take my mono. speedy 25 since it's not too flashy. Occassionaly, I would see a lady or two with their authentic LVs. However, esp. lately, I have been seeing several women with fake LVs. I saw one in the denim (awful!!!) and several in the monogram (different styles, but not speedy). The sad thing is the counterfeiters have been so good replicating the canvas, that's it's almost a mirror image of my canvas. The dead giveaway is usually the stitching (yes, they do use the yellow thread, but it's uneven and fraying. Also, the awful leather - or should we say plastic.

It's just making me sick to my stomach b/c I feel that these people carrying fake LVs are cheapening (I don't know if that's a word) the brand. I feel that LV should have a stricter stipulation on people who sell faked products. I mean, they openly sell fake LVs online, on the side street, and even flea markets. How are they getting away with this?

I was also at a store once and a sales girl behind the counter asked if the MC speedy I was carrying was real. When I told her that it is, she gave me a look like she didn't believe me. She even asked where I bought it. She even asked my sister, who was carrying a Gucci whether she was sure if it's authentic Gucci or maybe a Gotcha! I guess so many people carry fakes that she just assumed no one carries authentic LVs anymore. Fortunately, there was another sales girl who used to work at Saks who told her that the bags are definitely real.

I know that we shouldn't carry LVs and worry about whether people think it's real or not, however, I just don't think that people should get away making counterfeits, nor carrying counterfeits.

I know it's sad but there are just too many fakes out there. Just be happy with your LVs and don't pay attention to fakes or people who accuse you of carrying fake (they're just jealous).

I so know what you mean! I HATE :cursing: fakes! I assume the people that carry them don't realize how silly they look. I mean, who do they think they're kidding? It is upsetting because I'm sure many, if not most, people assume my bags are fake. However in the end I did buy them for me, not them, so they can think what they want.

I did get one of those little booth owners at my local mall in trouble though - she was selling "LV" bags and trying to sell them as the real thing. I reported her to mall management. Funny, when I tried talking to her myself, and I was not confrontational, I just told her it was illegal to sell those, she suddenly couldn't speak English?!?

I think they are fighting it though. Didn't they win a $60,000,000 suit against ebay not long ago? Someone here should know about that, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.