This is a first (for me)

giagnm

O.G.
Feb 11, 2009
I sold a Coach bag on ebay BIN or best offer. The buyer puts in an offer and asked some good questions about the bag. She buys, I ship, it's delivered today at 1:00 PM. She leaves good feedback and I think everything is OK. While scrolling through the new listings I noticed she has listed the bag at 6:00 PM for about 10 bucks more than what she bought it for! Does that mean she hates it? I don't blame her because the bag was an ebay purchase that was too small for me. I just waited 4 months to sell as opposed to five hours. I think it's funny but I also feel kind of bad that she didn't like it, but my listing did state there were no returns.

Sounds like she may either be trying to flip bags for a profit (but with fees, listing for $10more is no profit to her), or perhaps the bag turned out to be smaller than she wanted.
No worries though, your transaction is finished, and you got a positive, so move on along, nothing here to see, LOL!
Truly, the smart thing to do would have been to wait awhile, on her part. She looks kind of flaky buying and then selling within hours.

Sounds like she may either be trying to flip bags for a profit (but with fees, listing for $10more is no profit to her), or perhaps the bag turned out to be smaller than she wanted.
No worries though, your transaction is finished, and you got a positive, so move on along, nothing here to see, LOL!
Truly, the smart thing to do would have been to wait awhile, on her part. She looks kind of flaky buying and then selling within hours.

Thanks gacats. The odd thing was she was real impatient to get the bag. She initially put in an offer, sent the question, retracted her initial offer and then bought it for the full price. She then emailed me wanting to know when it would ship. She had purchased at 11:00PM then emailed me in the morning saying she needed it quick because she was just using a wristlet. Oh well, it's off my hand now.

Caannie, noshoepolish, hotshot, thats exactly what I was thinking. I'm going to watch her auction to see what happens just in case. I don't think she'll have a problem selling it.

Maybe she buys things just to resell??

she thought she could buy your bag, and make a profit herself... but like gacats said-- $10 isn't a profit for her. maybe she's new at selling??

Just be glad she's not filing any PP claims against you and whatnot. :sweatdrop:

i doubt that she would be trying to make a profit if she only listed it for $10 more since PP fees and listing fees would probably cost her more than that. She probably didn't like the item and is selling it to get her money back.

I have done that before...since if I don't like an item...its not the seller's fault so i will just resell it and purchase something else.

I won a retro Coach bag 2-3 yr ago. Got it and it was smaller than I thought. I went back and read the listing and the seller described it accurately, I just did not read the listing right. I turned around and flipped it about the same day I got it (under another ID).

There's nothing strange or crazy about buying stuff on Ebay and reselling whether for profit or not. She's going to lose money on the sale because of fees, but even if she made money, so what? Concerning the reason for listing it, if she didn't like it or bought it for someone that now doesn't want it, who cares? It's Ebay.

Eh, I probably wouldn't worry too much about it. She probably didn't like it as much as she thought she would and is trying to respect your "no returns" policy. Unless she starts contacting you if she can't sell it in hopes of a return, I wouldn't worry too much.