This House Just Got A Lot Bigger And Emptier

Echoes

O.G.
Aug 8, 2008
But there's a spot outside that's just as full of heart as it can be. Still close by where I can stop and visit.

This is easily one of the top five hardest days of my life.

It's going to take a long while to adjust.

One minute, I want to go around and remove the litter box, food and water dishes and other traces. The next I want to leave everything just as it is.

Oh Echoes...that made me cry. I am so sorry. You did the hardest, kindest thing for Bear and I know your heart must be in pieces at the moment. I really am so sorry. Bear, play hard up at the Bridge. You are loved.

I'm so sorry. :sad: I know how hard it was to make this decision but it is the right one. Rest well sweet Bear and play hard at the Bridge. You were well loved. :hugs:

Unfortunately it take a long time and even now after so many years I will be driving home and think, I need to take the dog out, and I no longer have a dog. I will get better though. And one day soon you will be able to remember her and smile instead of cry. Take it day by day.

I wonder how long it will be before I stop expecting to see her in her usual places.

I wonder how long it will be before I stop expecting to see her in her usual places.
so sorry for your loss
it will be a while before you stop looking for Bear....maybe months

whenever someone says play hard at the bridge, I get chills. the vet tech who euthanized my Blackie said that when we were doing it

this is always so hard but you know you did the best for him

Over the last couple of days, I had bought a few cans of different brands and flavors or wet/soft food to try and get her to eat. I took all that to the Vet this morning to use or pass out to others.

It's going to be a while before I'll need any of it again.