This has never happened to me before...

sheisgi

O.G.
Jan 22, 2013
I believe I've fallen out of love with...RORY!!!! :wtf::shocked::faint::nogood:

I fell in love on line. You guys have furthered my love for her. So 5 days ago I'm on the 'bay and I'm prepared to snag me one for an ok deal considering I'm not near an outlet. The time is counting down and about to use my trigger finger and I pause. I started to think about how often I would use such a big bag. When I start heading into $300 and above "ville" I need for that bag to see the light of day more than once a month. I rotate my bags alot and I don't mind spending a bit much for an occasional bag but I just don't know if I need her or, dare I say it, want her.

My girlfriend thinks I've waited to long for her and the novelty has worn off. I dunno. Maybe it's the colorblocking I'm not excited about. Hubby thinks I should get black or cognac. Sister-in-law says pink (cuz she loves it).

Has this ever happened to you?

I believe I've fallen out of love with...RORY!!!! :wtf::shocked::faint::nogood:

I fell in love on line. You guys have furthered my love for her. So 5 days ago I'm on the 'bay and I'm prepared to snag me one for an ok deal considering I'm not near an outlet. The time is counting down and about to use my trigger finger and I pause. I started to think about how often I would use such a big bag. When I start heading into $300 and above "ville" I need for that bag to see the light of day more than once a month. I rotate my bags alot and I don't mind spending a bit much for an occasional bag but I just don't know if I need her or, dare I say it, want her.

My girlfriend thinks I've waited to long for her and the novelty has worn off. I dunno. Maybe it's the colorblocking I'm not excited about. Hubby thinks I should get black or cognac. Sister-in-law says pink (cuz she loves it).

Has this ever happened to you?

If it's not love, do not buy it. But don't let others sway your opinion on what you want either. I almost did that with my colorblock duffle. I was worried that it would be dated really quick. I finally bought it anyway and I'm glad I did. I love Rory and would prefer black over colorblock but that navy/black combo is beautiful. It's really not that big of a bag. I don't find it much bigger than the Alexandra tote (after it breaks in) besides the bottom being a little wider. Maybe purchase it somewhere that has a return policy so that you can check it out for a while?

If it's not love, do not buy it. But don't let others sway your opinion on what you want either. I almost did that with my colorblock duffle. I was worried that it would be dated really quick. I finally bought it anyway and I'm glad I did. I love Rory and would prefer black over colorblock but that navy/black combo is beautiful. It's really not that big of a bag. I don't find it much bigger than the Alexandra tote (after it breaks in) besides the bottom being a little wider. Maybe purchase it somewhere that has a return policy so that you can check it out for a while?

Where I feel "influenced" is by the pics. She was already on my wish list because I like the way it looked on the model. But when I saw mod pics here I wanted it more. I'm starting to believe that I may have waited to long for her. She just may have dropped down on my priority list. I did see a Cognac and it was beautiful. I was turned off because they wanted more for it than it cost before it was deleted. We're talking about colorblock/textured retail price. Maybe I'll do what you suggested. A trial with her may persuade me... to fall in love all over again.

I have loved and wanted a bag and then fallen out of love....i have a few in my closet! LoL! But not Rory! I have black and cognac and they are my favorite bags! But that's just me!

Here's a few size comps (excuse the pj's):
DSC_0839.JPG DSC_0841.JPG
DSC_0846.JPG DSC_0844.JPG
DSC_0847.JPG DSC_0849.JPG
Yeah, if you're not in love with it...I wouldn't get it. It's a great bag but there are many great bags. You should have one that you are 'in love' with.

I have the black/taupe CB Rory and recently got the cement pebble leather off the bay. I LOVE the first one. It is a gorgeous bag - heavy but worth it. I feel so organized with it because it has so many pockets! That is something the solid colors don't have - the front pockets. I love that feature. The leather on the CB is stiffer but starts to slouch right away - but still holds it's shape. The pebble leather that I just got - but haven't worn yet - is much smooshier, flappier. I'm thinking it won't be as heavy as the CB. But if you don't love it - nothing we say can convince you. I totally understand how you're feeling - I sometimes get caught up in the frenzy over a bag and feel like I must have it. Like Molly - I didn't get her or even start looking for her until the color I really wanted (fuchsia) was gone and then I was like - meh - about it. Then they were gone and now they've popped back up at the retail stores so now I'm thinking about it again. Cognac is such a pretty color but I already have it in Candace, I don't need another black bag (bc I have the dragonfly duffle and who needs another black bag when you have her?!!) and the parchment just doesn't do anything for me. So - I can't seem to decide. Good luck with your decision!

Cute pj's! I'm not a siggy gal but I love the shape of the Alexandra! I have her in pewter and the bronze with the embossed C's - however, I never use them - but always get compliments with them!

Cute pj's! I'm not a siggy gal but I love the shape of the Alexandra! I have her in pewter and the bronze with the embossed C's - however, I never use them - but always get compliments with them!

:blush: Thanks, I'm being lazy today. I love my Alexandra. I don't use her much right now because I'm using my newer bags more but I love that bag.

My only concern with the Rory is that it's so deep. I sold a Kooba that had the same dimensions. I cant stand having to fish for things in my purse.

Here's a few size comps (excuse the pj's):
View attachment 2080106 View attachment 2080107
View attachment 2080108 View attachment 2080109
View attachment 2080110 View attachment 2080111
Yeah, if you're not in love with it...I wouldn't get it. It's a great bag but there are many great bags. You should have one that you are 'in love' with.
See the mod pics really affect me. I'm a size 18 and lokking at it on your tiny self, I'm thinking it's not so big afterall. She looks like she has a great slouch to her. I'm all about the slouch. Thanks for getting out of your bed. You helped!

I have the black/taupe CB Rory and recently got the cement pebble leather off the bay. I LOVE the first one. It is a gorgeous bag - heavy but worth it. I feel so organized with it because it has so many pockets! That is something the solid colors don't have - the front pockets. I love that feature. The leather on the CB is stiffer but starts to slouch right away - but still holds it's shape. The pebble leather that I just got - but haven't worn yet - is much smooshier, flappier. I'm thinking it won't be as heavy as the CB. But if you don't love it - nothing we say can convince you. I totally understand how you're feeling - I sometimes get caught up in the frenzy over a bag and feel like I must have it. Like Molly - I didn't get her or even start looking for her until the color I really wanted (fuchsia) was gone and then I was like - meh - about it. Then they were gone and now they've popped back up at the retail stores so now I'm thinking about it again. Cognac is such a pretty color but I already have it in Candace, I don't need another black bag (bc I have the dragonfly duffle and who needs another black bag when you have her?!!) and the parchment just doesn't do anything for me. So - I can't seem to decide. Good luck with your decision!
I've been wondering whether the slouch was different. It was a black and taupe I was going to bid on and I was very much concerned about purchasing a big stiff bag. I'm glad you have the experience to give me this info because I hadn't even noticed that the solid colors don't have that outer pocket. BTW, I do remember having a fraction of a feeling like this about Molly and by the time I realized i wanted her she was no longer available in UV. Ended up with the duffle instead.

Ladies, you have helped me decide to get her. Coachmk your info really helped alot. I have a couple of options on the bay (except Cognac cuz it's gone) and I believe I want to take her again. Wish I could find another cement pebble. The 'bay is full of gray and pink and siggies and I'm sure I don't want to take that plunge.

This! We all sometimes fall out of love with a bag. Better to change your mind before you BIN.

A solid black or cognac Rory would be a good choice. The black/navy is beautiful and I love the front pockets, but the solid black or cognac are more timeless than the colorblocks and even the fuchsia IMO. but if its love, go for it; not everything in one's collection has to be timeless. We can have a little fun sometimes. Yolo...haha

My only concern with the Rory is that it's so deep. I sold a Kooba that had the same dimensions. I cant stand having to fish for things in my purse.

I've remedied my deep bag problem,esp when the interior is dark, with bright colored wristlets. I usually have one in each bag to hold essentials like my checkbook and a pen and if i don't have a front pocket I usually throuw my lipstick/balm. I carry a Book Book for my iPhone so my ID and two credit cards fit in there. I've never needed more than one wristlet per bag but if I needed it I would get one. The price of an extra wrislet trumps giving up on a bag I truly want.

See the mod pics really affect me. I'm a size 18 and lokking at it on your tiny self, I'm thinking it's not so big afterall. She looks like she has a great slouch to her. I'm all about the slouch. Thanks for getting out of your bed. You helped!

I've been wondering whether the slouch was different. It was a black and taupe I was going to bid on and I was very much concerned about purchasing a big stiff bag. I'm glad you have the experience to give me this info because I hadn't even noticed that the solid colors don't have that outer pocket. BTW, I do remember having a fraction of a feeling like this about Molly and by the time I realized i wanted her she was no longer available in UV. Ended up with the duffle instead.

Ladies, you have helped me decide to get her. Coachmk your info really helped alot. I have a couple of options on the bay (except Cognac cuz it's gone) and I believe I want to take her again. Wish I could find another cement pebble. The 'bay is full of gray and pink and siggies and I'm sure I don't want to take that plunge.

I have a friend who's a 16 that has this same bag (she enabled me right into Rory) and she rocks that bag. It does have a great slouch. After she breaks in and you sit it down, it kinda slouches into itself making the prettiest bag ever. But it doesn't sink completely in and doesn't fall over or anything. The bottom is wide enough that it holds it's shape while slouching...if that makes any sense. I'd buy it from a store that takes returns and bring her home for a while. If it's not love, you can always take it back.

This! We all sometimes fall out of love with a bag. Better to change your mind before you BIN.

A solid black or cognac Rory would be a good choice. The black/navy is beautiful and I love the front pockets, but the solid black or cognac are more timeless than the colorblocks and even the fuchsia IMO. but if its love, go for it; not everything in one's collection has to be timeless. We can have a little fun sometimes. Yolo...haha

You're right. I tend to use Poppy for my fun side but this could apply. I have alot of brown but I love how Cognac looks. I'm also in love with the cement pebble. I've given up on the colorblock black and blue. Me no longer likey...

Exactly why I went for my black/multicolor duffle. I'd rather have it and love it for however long and sell it later if I fall out of love, than to never have it at all. I've went back and forth on that bag so much it's not even funny. If everyone in the world thinks it will look dated soon and is too trendy, it still does something to me when I see it. That was reason enough for me to get it.