This drives me up the wall!

mishiechau

FashionableLibrarian
Dec 9, 2007
So I make plans for a night out with friends and then I slowly start inviting other people (the more the merrier), this one person in particular that I invite always seems to disagree with my plans - there is always a different excuse

"Too expensive"
"Too Far"
"I heard this place is better"

I'm thinking "Girl, make your own plans then!! and the invite us"

I find it rude that she keeps doing this to me and I budged a couple times cause I tried to be nice and accommodating but I have had enough - what gives?!

Why not just stop inviting her, rather than worry about why she is so rude? She's obviously insecure and wants to be in control and people like that are never fun. If she asks why you don't invite her anymore, just tell her honestly that since she always has a problem with whatever you have planned, you thought you'd save both of you the trouble.

I don't want to cause drama cause she's nice and cool to everyone that I usually invite out and hang out with and they would surely question why I didn't invite her this time around....and it's just awkward cause I don't want it going back to her...etc.

I guess I don't want to deal with confrontation right now. My problem, I know.
I'm just ranting!

I've had friends that do that. I'm nice and then I get tired of hearing it and then when they complain again I just say, "Well I made the plans and this is where we're going." Once she sees that you won't change your plans for her she might stop. If she doesn't stop complaining then I would just stop inviting her. But I know how hard it is to do that sometimes. Confrontation is hard, especially when the person is overall a nice person.

my husband would ask his friends to go out and they would be like ok, and when he would come up with ideas everyone would agree but one of them, and he would just complain for whatever reason, and then they would ask him what would you want to do then? his reply "i dont know" :rolleyes:

Can you just say "Hey, some of us are going -wherever- if you're interested in joining us", and if she suggests somewhere else you can make plans to go there another night. If she complains, just say "ok, well I guess we'll just catch you later then!"

Once she realizes she'll be missing out, she might just suck it up.

I know how you feel :mad:

My friends and I haven't seen each other for a while so my friend J and I decided to plan a get together/vacation on the beach. It's summer and a peak season so we had a hard time looking for a hotel.

Luckily we found one, so we called to inform everyone. They agreed except friend L. She was like, 'why not at this beach or that beach. Or how about going to other place.'

We calmly explained that we already called the place that she suggested and it was fully booked. This beach is the next best thing that we can get since its a peak season. So she agreed and we made a reservation. The other day, she backed out and said she's willing to pay for her share. It made us furious but that's another story.

It's just so disappointing when you plan things and people you invite wants to change it.

Lol don't feel bad...I was at Disneyland a few months ago with some friends and one seriously made us walk between both Disneyland AND California Adventure to find food. One of my other friends and I would have been fine with anything, but when my one friend said "well let's go back to Disneyland then," my other friend and I said "no way, there's plenty to eat here [at California Adventure]."
So what did the picky friend order? A salad and a water, something that practically EVERY restaurant at both parks has. :nogood:

I'd probably just say "mmhmm, mmhmmm. does that mean you're not coming?"
If she says she's not, say "too bad. next time then". If she says she is, then great, and ignore whatever complaints during the trip.

I agree! Stop inviting her! Or just text her and tell her u're going here and when and end it there. If she doesnt wanna show up then no one can realy blame you. I have a few friends like this, I dont even bother...i already know the answer.

This happened once for my birthday. MY FREAKING BIRTHDAY!!! It was one of those things where I had a specific place I wanted to go and hubby and I invited people to go out with us. And then one of those people started telling other people , "Hey everyones getting together." Then we began to get calls "Well so and so says this place is cheaper."

I was like The more he merrier but I didn't even invite these damn people in the first place. In the end I had to put my foot down and demand we go where I originally wanted to and then I was like the damn diva. It was my freaking birthday!

I know that wasn't the same thing but it just reminded me.