This doesn't make me want to buy more Prada

Wow... what losers. They are obviously extremely insecure people. Ugh.

I've shopped in Prada alot and I have to say their sometimes "snooty" atmosphere bugs the heck out of me. On an individual basis each of the SAs are nice as can be, but collectively, it's the look of their showroom and how they expect their employees to act around customers that is ridiculous. And not being able to take pictures of a bag you want is just obnoxious as well.

This link was posted in another forum here, I thought I'd share.

http://consumerist.com/2010/03/laws...minate-old-fat-ugly-disgusting-employees.html

:Push:

Not surprised at all! I work in fashion and Prada is not exactly known for being the best company to work for or hiring the nicest people in the world, and I'm talking corporate. I had a friend that worked at Miu Miu and hated it.

Honestly, I pretty much expect that sort of behavior and am pleasantly surprised when I come across something otherwise. I absolutely refuse to go the the Prada boutique in Beverly Hills because it was extremely uncomfortable the two times I've gone in there. Too bad for them because I'd buy a lot more Prada if I didn't hate going into their store. They are like those women in Pretty Woman... "that is VERY expensive". Ew.

Isn't it different over in Japan though as far as discrimination laws etc? I would hate to think that this could happen here..but there it is male dominated and I suspect this is viewed differently than we see it in the US..and as I absolutley think this is Bullsh*t, I think it is not uncommon to have certain 'image' credentials when working for big companies there...I hope someone has more input on this..