This Chanel looks like ...

For me, it's more about Michael Kors claiming to be designer. When I think of designer, I think of someone who can create new, unique, and desirable pieces. It's hard to call Michael Kors a designer when most of what he does for his Michael Micheal Kors brand is copy other designers.

He should pay royalties to the brands that he copies. If he does that, then I'll be fine with the copying. But he's pocketing the income instead, making him one of the richest designers, even richer than the original designers who made those designs famous like Coco Chanel herself.
agreed! I don't consider MK is a designer!

Oh my gosh, Roku! You may be right. I do see some similarities.

View attachment 2718493
View attachment 2718494
View attachment 2718496

(Pictures borrowed from previous posts)

Hello ladies, I would like to share my Chanel/Dior experience from yesterday - not sure whether to post it here on in the Chanel thread...
I picked up something in the Chanel boutique in Munich which was packed with Arab women and little children. So much so they wouldn't let people in any more and a group of people had to wait outside in the pouring rain. Mind you, we were all Europeans out there, not one Arab Lady was rejected. Well, when they finally let us in, I again had to wait forever to be helped, like always. So much for that.
After that I went next door to Dior. Beautiful store, very few people, a lovely SA asking me right away if she could help me. What a difference!
I took a look at the pochettes and was surprised how light and delicate they were. Really beautiful and very spacious. I almost got one, but my heart, unfortunately, is into Chanel, so I will get a woc soon.
Just wanted to share my experiences and wish Chanel customer service in Munich was close to the one in Dior.

Hello ladies, I would like to share my Chanel/Dior experience from yesterday - not sure whether to post it here on in the Chanel thread...
I picked up something in the Chanel boutique in Munich which was packed with Arab women and little children. So much so they wouldn't let people in any more and a group of people had to wait outside in the pouring rain. Mind you, we were all Europeans out there, not one Arab Lady was rejected. Well, when they finally let us in, I again had to wait forever to be helped, like always. So much for that.
After that I went next door to Dior. Beautiful store, very few people, a lovely SA asking me right away if she could help me. What a difference!
I took a look at the pochettes and was surprised how light and delicate they were. Really beautiful and very spacious. I almost got one, but my heart, unfortunately, is into Chanel, so I will get a woc soon.
Just wanted to share my experiences and wish Chanel customer service in Munich was close to the one in Dior.

Thanks so much for sharing! I totally get this!
There is something magical about a brand we love and it seems Dior is working on that part but has not yet caught up with Chanel

So great to know that they have great service everywhere! And yes the pochettes are so amazing, I ordered 3 so far, but have yet to step into an actual boutique. I have maybe been to a mall two or three times this year... It is sad

Dior customer service is amazing. They are always really nice and don't mind if you browse even if you don't intend to buy. One of them even walked me through all of the new collection merchandise even though I had already expressed that I wasn't buying anything.

My experience with Chanel customer service has been great, but only if they are not busy. When they are busy, it takes forever to flag down an SA (and they hardly make eye contact with you to acknowledge that you're there). But when they get the time to serve you, they do an amazing job.

Dior customer service is amazing. They are always really nice and don't mind if you browse even if you don't intend to buy. One of them even walked me through all of the new collection merchandise even though I had already expressed that I wasn't buying anything.

My experience with Chanel customer service has been great, but only if they are not busy. When they are busy, it takes forever to flag down an SA (and they hardly make eye contact with you to acknowledge that you're there). But when they get the time to serve you, they do an amazing job.

I totally agree with averagejoe re: Chanel. Both LV and Chanel boutiques when I am visiting a new area I notice I have to always carry at least a kelly or birkin to get attentive service by an SA when busy or crowded. Only at Chanel that I frequent can I run in with my sneaks and WOC and get help.

(ETA: I loove browsing at MK and Coach; here the H bags go unnoticed which is nice so I can browse without interruption, but Chanel or LV will draw attention. Fascinating these dynamics as a consumer).

I totally agree with averagejoe re: Chanel. Both LV and Chanel boutiques when I am visiting a new area I notice I have to always carry at least a kelly or birkin to get attentive service by an SA when busy or crowded. Only at Chanel that I frequent can I run in with my sneaks and WOC and get help.

(ETA: I loove browsing at MK and Coach; here the H bags go unnoticed which is nice so I can browse without interruption, but Chanel or LV will draw attention. Fascinating these dynamics as a consumer).

Too bad I don't own a Birkin to get noticed in Chanel... Only a Chanel, which isn't helpful;) Have that problem every time I walk into that store. Even when they do help me, it feels like they are doing me a favor. And I don't look like something the cat just dragged in from the street I believe. Maybe I am too nice and not demanding enough.

Maybe I am too nice and not demanding enough.

I think that's part of it too. I don't want to demand to be the center of attention as soon as I step into a store. In fact, sometimes I like to browse without an SA helping, except it is nice when they at least acknowledge that you're there.

I don't know where to post this so I am posting it here since it is chanel related kind of

The cannage lamb quilted is so soft.
The last time I remember w Chanel this soft was back when they came out with the bubble quilt line, like in 2008/2009. Or the sensual soft. But I think dior cannage quilt lamb is softer than sensual soft.

I don't know where to post this so I am posting it here since it is chanel related kind of

The cannage lamb quilted is so soft.
The last time I remember w Chanel this soft was back when they came out with the bubble quilt line, like in 2008/2009. Or the sensual soft. But I think dior cannage quilt lamb is softer than sensual soft.

I haven't compared Chanel and Dior quilted lambskin side-by-side, so this is good to know!

Dior lambskin is superb!