This came in the mail!

It is gorgeous. You should definitely keep it.
Thanks, do you think the pricing is good at $10K? Some of my friends said resale value is bad and not a good investment. But I think the price is I got it at $10K, it’s almost only 1/3 of retail Price at $28K. Let me know your thoughts. I think it’s a collector piece. The only on RTN if the color fade in the future.

This is gorgeous and great find! I have exotics although nothing in matte alligator. Nevertheless, my exotics in general keep well.

Also this for sure retails for much much more than 10k!

Reactions: CPA
I don’t own any exotic pieces, but it certainly seems like this could sell for more than $10k. I think it’s beautiful, and if you chose to sell at any point I think you could make more than your money back.

Thanks, do you think the pricing is good at $10K? Some of my friends said resale value is bad and not a good investment. But I think the price is I got it at $10K, it’s almost only 1/3 of retail Price at $28K. Let me know your thoughts. I think it’s a collector piece. The only on RTN if the color fade in the future.

Reactions: Loriad
Thanks, does the skin lighten through time?

Hi @CPA, I have quite a few exotics (it’s kind of my thing) and I wasn’t ever aware that they could lighten over time. None of mine have lightened over time. I even have shoes that are exotic and that has not lightened. They all keep very very well. The scales may lift but that has never bothered me because it’s an exotic (it’s no different than what happens with vachetta).

Also I suspect that this one being that it’s an LV alligator is in the 25k and upwards range. LV has really worked hard to popularize their exotics this year. The brand is proud of how it sources for the skins.

I hope you keep it. This is quite a showstopper piece (which is right up your alley )!

Reactions: M_Butterfly
Hi @CPA, I have quite a few exotics (it’s kind of my thing) and I wasn’t ever aware that they could lighten over time. None of mine have lightened over time. I even have shoes that are exotic and that has not lightened. They all keep very very well. The scales may lift but that has never bothered me because it’s an exotic (it’s no different than what happens with vachetta).

Also I suspect that this one being that it’s an LV alligator is in the 25k and upwards range. LV has really worked hard to popularize their exotics this year. The brand is proud of how it sources for the skins.

I hope you keep it. This is quite a showstopper piece (which is right up your alley )!
Thanks so much, I appreciate your help. Do you think I should get it authenticated? I trust Fashionphile and have purchase from them since they sell from their Bevery hills home.

@CPA

Authentication is always a good idea for peace of mind.

Disclaimer: I only own H exotic bracelets (no bags). I was previously doing research on the H forum regarding matte vs shiny alligator/croc though when I was seriously considering a Himalayan. The recurring theme was that with frequent handling, matte turns shiny and cannot be refurbished; however, shiny could become more matte but could be refurbished back to shiny. Refurbish = H spa. I’m not sure if the same principles apply to LV exotics, but I can’t possibly see why not.

I personally would keep it assuming it’s authentic. I don’t see this piece being utilized on a frequent basis to cause any significant damage or skin changes, especially since you already have a nice collection of these trunks to rotate through.

Good luck!