This buyer is driving me nuts!!!

tadhana

O.G.
Jul 6, 2008
I recently sold a pair of pre-owned sweater boots and mailed it by usps parcel post. The buyer kept on emailing me where is her boots and I always promptly replied that I used parcel post as a shipping method as stated in the listing w/c can take up to 8 days. I asked her to be patient and that I will contact her if she does not receive them by the end of the 2nd week. In my head, I was thinking why does she not check the tracking link?! Anyway, the buyer received her boots and left positive feedback. She left, "great condition". Now I get an email that she spoke to soon that the cuffs are worn and will not stay up her leg. These boots were sold pre-owned and as stated in the listing has only been worn for a few hours. I honestly do not know if the cuffs are worn or not because I never worn these boots for a full day. I accept no returns as stated in the listing. How do I approach this? I have not contacted buyer yet? Do I just accept a return just to get it over with ? The buyer did not say she would like to return it . A part of me wants me to have her return it so she would know how much it would cost her to ship that item back to me! As a seller, do I just take the return or stand for yourself and say item is as described in listing?

I recently sold a pair of pre-owned sweater boots and mailed it by usps parcel post. The buyer kept on emailing me where is her boots and I always promptly replied that I used parcel post as a shipping method as stated in the listing w/c can take up to 8 days. I asked her to be patient and that I will contact her if she does not receive them by the end of the 2nd week. In my head, I was thinking why does she not check the tracking link?! Anyway, the buyer received her boots and left positive feedback. She left, "great condition". Now I get an email that she spoke to soon that the cuffs are worn and will not stay up her leg. These boots were sold pre-owned and as stated in the listing has only been worn for a few hours. I honestly do not know if the cuffs are worn or not because I never worn these boots for a full day. I accept no returns as stated in the listing. How do I approach this? I have not contacted buyer yet? Do I just accept a return just to get it over with ? The buyer did not say she would like to return it . A part of me wants me to have her return it so she would know how much it would cost her to ship that item back to me! As a seller, do I just take the return or stand for yourself and say item is as described in listing?

Is there a possibility that there is wear to the boots then that wasn't described in the listing? How you proceed from here might depend on what information was in the listing.

But if the buyer has already worn them herself at this point, I'd be hesitant to take a return either way.

How long has she had them? If it has only been a day or so, perhaps the 'problem' didn't manifest itself right away. It is one thing to put them on just to see if they fit, but not notice that they didn't stay up until she actually went to wear them, iykwim. Maybe she has very thin legs :shrugs:
She could just be fishing for a partial. I would not ignore her, but I wouldn't be the one to mention a return either

Thank you guys for your help. I do not want to take boots that are worn by the buyer. Shoes are difficult to buy online but sometimes the price makes it deal breaker. I lost money for shipping less than the actual cost and selling it a very low price just to get rid of an item I no longer use. sigh......I want to make the buyer happy but who wants to take back a used item?