This amazes me!

praiser

O.G.
Jan 3, 2008
I saw two ladies in the last day who were carrying Coach. Both were dirty and obviously not cared for very well. Then I saw a lady allowing her two year old to play with her coach wristlet and put it in her mouth!!!! Maybe I'm a little over protective of my Coach bags, but I really can't see spending this kind of money and either beating the heck out of the bag, or letting a child play with it!!! What do you think about this??

i try to baby my bags as much as possible while still enjoying them. yet i no a lot of people who beat the crap out of them bc they figure the quality = durability. many of my moms bags are quite beat up. but i often find these are people who no there is more where that came form!

I've seen things like this before and while I pamper my bags like Faberge eggs I can honestly say it makes it worthwhile to see this because it's proof of how well made Coach products are!

A lot of other bags would never stand up to such treatment, I'm sure!

Its not how I'd do things but I figure it's their money, they can do what they want with their bags! Mine have to last and often I sell mine to fund new purchases. But not everyone is like us and buys a new bag or 2 or 4 or 10 every season so they wear their bags until they literally fall apart. I was like that before I found Coach!

Oh that drives me nuts too. I am pretty lenient with my kids, but they are not allowed to touch my handbags, for any reason! And I baby my bags to no end. That's a LOT of money to spend on anything and then not take care of it.

Wow, who knew I had that rampage in me?!

I think it's up to the person.. it's theirs, let them do what they want with what they paid for and own. :yes:
While I'm all for babying the nice stuff, on the other hand, you're not truly enjoying it (IMHO) if you're treating it like it will break at any moment. That said, I bought my daughter her own little Coach accessory (for $15 at the outlet) so she wouldn't play with mine. ;)

I have a one year old that for some reason loves to put whatever charm/fob I have on my bag in his mouth. When I catch him I say no and put my bag where he can't reach it but I don't go crazy because of it either.

It's not just with Coach bag. I saw one mom drag her designer bag into an indoorn soccer game and just nonchalantly put it on the floor. Mind you, the stadium had sticky floors from the soda spills and stuff. I know it's none of my business...

I was at a picnic in the summer and a lady put her LV down on the dirt...I do mean DIRT btw :Push:. It really isn't any of my business, I just agree that when you spend quite a bit of money you should at least sort of take care of that item :shrugs:.

:shame: I'm one of those people. I let my babysitting charges play with my handbag (not a coach, a Hobo Intl., but it was a lot of money at the time) and I throw my Kenneth Cole messenger bag around including outside and icky places. Ironically, it's always looked good as new after using Coach leather care products. As long as it's leather and there aren't any really sharp implements involved I figure I bought it to use, so use it I will. But I also buy things so I can wear them until they fall apart. I usually have to sit myself down and say "Self, this object is stretched out/has holes in it/has worn out. It is time to get a new object."

But I'm (hopefully) getting my first Coach tomorrow. We'll see if I change my tune if I end up with signature rather than leather.