Thirstiest Skin Ever!

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. It’s possible I don’t use the retinol enough, interesting.

2. Rosehip oil

3. Definitely not Eczema.
    I did make an appointment with my dermatologist about a month go, but they couldn't fit me in until this coming Thursday. I'm probably going to cancel though as my skin is almost back to normal.

Think it was a reaction to a new cleanser I started using (Fresh Soy Face Cleanser.) I have feeling it stripped my face completely even though they claim it's gentle.

4. I got very dry skin when I was pregnant and post partum. La Mer cream (original or soft cream) worked the best for me. Try a sample from a department store first before buying. Also the La Mer Regenerating Serum and the Concentrate were great, too, used under the cream. Good luck!

5. Skin Care Routine I use to nourish my skin
    I have a bit of combination of dry and sensitive skin
    Toner: SoonJung pH 5.5 Relief Toner
    -prep the skin for moisturizers and serum while getting rid of stubborn dirt or makeup leftover.
    -97% naturally derived ingredients and has a low pH of 5.5 to keep skin balanced and hydrated throughout the day.

- CONTAINS: Panthenol, a skin-benefitting compound closely related to Vitamin B5, delivers deep hydration, while madecassoside, derived from Centella asiatica, repairs skin damage

Serum:
    Drunk Elephant B-Hydra Intensive Hydration Gel
    ultra-hydrating vitamin B5 serum replenishes nutrients while delivering hydration throughout the day to improve the look of skin texture and tone.

"
    Pre Moisturizer
    ": SoonJung 10 Free Moist Emulsion
    -Basically what Emulsion is it helps your face absorb other beauty products. It helps retain hydration level and prevent moisture loss
    -93% naturally derived ingredients, CONTAINS: Panthenol, a skin-benefitting compound closely related to Vitamin B5, delivers deep hydration while squalene helps bring back elasticity. Madecassoside, derived from Centella asiatica, also repairs skin damage

Moisturizer
    : Drunk Elephant Protini Polypeptide Cream
    younger-looking skin, almost from the first application. Lines, wrinkles, and signs of sun-damage appear reduced, while depleted skin feels strengthened and moisturized.

Night cream:
    LA Mer Crème de la Mer
    luxuriously rich cream deeply soothes, moisturizes and heals away dryness

6. I have a bit of eczema on my face and my face gets really dry and flaky during winter. Last year, I found out what works for me.
    Aesop-Skin-Parsley-Seed-Anti-Oxidant-Facial-Hydrating-Cream-60mL-large.png 00730870159378.jpeg 11141116-2214307303125905.jpeg

I use Aesop + SK-II during daytime, and then Aesop + ANR during night. Flakes be gone.

7. That was my reaction to the Fresh Soy Cleanser as well. My dermatologist does not recommend it for anyone with dry or sensitive skin at all. I have been using Philosophy's Purity Made Simple for a few years, and it is great for very sensitive skin.

BPC likes this.
  8. #39 Oct 28, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
    Amore Pacific Moisture Bound Rejuvenating Cream helped me immensely while using Retin A.

My skin was like that once, when I wrecked my moisture barrier by using too strong of an AHA.
    I hope you find a solution!

9. Is your skin dry or dehydrated? Dry skin needs oil, dehydrated needs moisture. Of course it's possible to have both at the same time. Here are a few things that have helped me:
    -Vitamin C serum in the morning
    -A Korean moisturizing toner. I use Hada Labo Premium
    -In colder months try adding a serum with snail mucin like CosRx
    -Make sure you use adequate spf since you're using a retinol
    -Use an occlusive over your moisturizer. I use squalane oil
    Good luck!

10. I echo everyone's recommendation to lay off the Cetaphil. I recommend a double cleanse with an oil balm (Banila Co makes a good one, but there are many good K-Beauty options) and then follow that up with a low-pH cleanser like Tosoowong's Enzyme Powder Wash or CosRx's Low pH Good Morning cleanser. High pH cleansers (anything above 6 pH) will weaken your acid mantle. Here's some reading on it, if you're inclined: https://beautytap.com/2017/05/the-beginners-guide-cleanser-ph/

I say lay off the retinol for a while first, until your skin gets in better shape again. Also, any facial oil should be the last step to any routine. Anything you put on top of it won't be absorbed by your skin, you won't get the benefit of any creams you apply after the oil. So I'd recommend that you switch up the order of your products. Here's a helpful article: https://www.thecut.com/2016/01/a-beginners-guide-to-beauty-oils.html

Good luck!

11. If you are microneedling & doing exfoliating this can also be drying to the skin.
    Try some hydrating sheet masks which should help your skin feel more hydrated in addition to your
    routine

12. Hi Swanky,

I took this to mean not just your face, but body as well. Here a couple of tips:
    Drinks lots of water or substitute water for other drinks
    Take evening primose oil internally or some other oil supplements.
    Eat good helping of vegetables and fats.
    Exfoliate the skin. I started using my dry brush again.
    I recently discovered bentonite clay for the body.
    When I exit the shower, I moisturize with a medium body cream as the body oils weren't working for me.
    Regarding your face, it could be an allergy, product overuse or a specific product that dried out your skin.

13. I too agree about laying off the Cetaphil. I have dry skin and I personally find it too drying. I also found that most cleansing oils dried my skin out as well. For makeup removal during the winter, I use Albolene.

My personal favorite moisturizers are Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream, original La Mer, and CeraVe moisturizing cream (current user). I have even used regular Nivea cream (in the blue tin) on my face occasionally, especially as a protective barrier cream if I'm going to be outside in cold windy conditions.

Also, make sure you're drinking enough water. I have my coffee in the mornings, and then it's water all day after that. IMHO you can't get enough water through the day!

14. Thanks for the advice, I'm listening!
    I don't use my micro needle much anymore, maybe once/month.

CeraVe moisturizer is my inventory, I have the lotion and the heavier night cream.
    I'll try a different cleanser, the Cetaphil I use is for dry skin and my term actually recommended it. I wear very little makeup - mascara and concealer and some bronzer/blush so I don't need anything strong.