Third Time Lucky

Plemont

Mulberry collector
O.G.
Jan 11, 2012
Here's a story about a girl who couldn't make up her mind.

Back in January, I had my eye on a couple of styles of bag. I searched high and low (had a lovely London day visiting pretty much every Mulberry stockist in Central and East London), eventually finding the treasure in Brompton Road. Both bags were there! I decided on one.......then at the till, ditched it in favour of Red Onion SBS.........

Number Two came into my life on a visit to Bicester.

She was pink. Very pink. Hot Pink in fact (much more of a diva than the first one who was a more shy and retiring Eggplant).

She was the first thing I saw when walking into the shop, then sat on my shoulder for about an hour while I wandered round, decided if I really wanted such a bright bag, drove the SAs slowly mad while they rang round the other outlets to see if Eggplant, Oak or Black were available anywhere (they weren't).......

Eventually I could see that other shoppers were stalking me, waiting to see if I put Pinky down, so I made up my mind and off we went together.....

Number Two came into my life on a visit to Bicester.

She was pink. Very pink. Hot Pink in fact (much more of a diva than the first one who was a more shy and retiring Eggplant).

She was the first thing I saw when walking into the shop, then sat on my shoulder for about an hour while I wandered round, decided if I really wanted such a bright bag, drove the SAs slowly mad while they rang round the other outlets to see if Eggplant, Oak or Black were available anywhere (they weren't).......

Eventually I could see that other shoppers were stalking me, waiting to see if I put Pinky down, so I made up my mind and off we went together.....
and ......:woot:

and off we went together.....

......as far as Oxford, on a visit to see Miss Plemont.

Out came the brand-new bag, all belongings transferred, hopped on the Park and Ride - and it started to rain. Pinky got dropped off at college, and I went out to lunch with my purse and phone in a rather fetching Tescos bag:cool:

......as far as Oxford, on a visit to see Miss Plemont.

Out came the brand-new bag, all belongings transferred, hopped on the Park and Ride - and it started to rain. Pinky got dropped off at college, and I went out to lunch with all my belongings in a rather fetching Tescos bag:cool:

Oh no!! This weather is such a nightmare!! Can't believe your gorgeous new bag had to stay at college while you went to lunch with a tesco bag!!

Poor Pinky.

She and I just didn't get on.

I didn't treat her well at all - no Collonil, no trips out - she just lived in her dust bag in a dark cupboard.

Eventually, she made the trip back to Bicester.

I'm getting to the point, honest! Anyone want to see Number Three?

So, last weekend, I was laid up with a bad back, and only eBay and TPF for company. This, ladies, is A DANGEROUS THING!. My mind went back to Number-One-that-got-away, and Pinky....... I knew I liked the style, loved the colour of Number One, started to search eBay and..... well you know the rest.

Here she is. Not Eggplant (although I thought she was, from the eBay pictures), but Rouge Noir.
mitzy600.jpg