Third-party Chanel Maxi cleaning/repair gone wrong [Local News]

resplendent

Sep 5, 2014
Came across this news report.
http://globalnews.ca/news/3344086/t...esigner-bag-allegedly-damaged-by-repair-shop/

Does anyone have other such horror stories? Just wondering why she would have sent it for cleaning or repairs to a third-party store rather than than one of our local Chanel boutiques; I figure that's what I would do when the time comes. If worse comes to worst and a Chanel boutique accidentally damaged my bag to that extent, I wonder if I could push for a replacement bag.

Is it possible that the Maxi is a fake? I don't understand how much she would have been trying to save--I mean, how much could someone save, anyway, to be worth the risk?

In Chanel Canada they don't do cleaning. Atleast in my case though. Even I bought the bag in their store. I could only speak for myself. Some people might have success in this same situation ( happy for them). :smile:

Reactions: resplendent
Well, a Maxi retails for much more than $4600 CAD, so something is off with this story.

Personally, I wouldn't send a Chanel bag off with some driver after finding the company online. Anyone can make a website look "reputable".

Came across this news report.
http://globalnews.ca/news/3344086/t...esigner-bag-allegedly-damaged-by-repair-shop/

Does anyone have other such horror stories? Just wondering why she would have sent it for cleaning or repairs to a third-party store rather than than one of our local Chanel boutiques; I figure that's what I would do when the time comes. If worse comes to worst and a Chanel boutique accidentally damaged my bag to that extent, I wonder if I could push for a replacement bag.

Is it possible that the Maxi is a fake? I don't understand how much she would have been trying to save--I mean, how much could someone save, anyway, to be worth the risk?
Maybe she bought it preloved? because with chanel repair policy they wont take it in apparently unless you are the owner or have a proof of purchase... but i would never give my bag for cleaning to a random please i would do extensive research

Ohh, OK. I had a misunderstanding about Chanel boutiques' cleaning & repair policies.

I was told that within 5 years they will repair and possibly replace hardware, if needed (for a fee)--obviously requires proof of purchase. But if hardware replacement is not needed, basic repairs like redyeing or stitches will still be considered beyond the 5 years as long as it's authentic and do-able (i.e. not metallic or some special exotic material.) I guess I should ask my SA what is the most up to date policy in Canada right now.

I did notice that the Maxi is a single flap...so it could also be that she bought it a few years ago.

Like you guys, I would be paranoid about sending a Chanel bag off with a driver/company I am unfamiliar with. In fact, even with friends or family I know, I'm on guard to rescue it. :biggrin: Even if the bag was caviar or calfskin and accidentally placed on top of the chains, it can cause denting. I've seen busy leather repair stores have extremely limited room, so various goods are stored on top of each other or leaning against each other when hung.

There's no cleaning/spa service offered in Canadian chanel boutiques!

It's only offered in the US. I know the Canadian stores do simple repairs such as the turn lock etc. But Canadian stores do not offer services like our US counterparts unfortunately. Bummed me out when I found out.

There's no cleaning/spa service offered in Canadian chanel boutiques!

It's only offered in the US. I know the Canadian stores do simple repairs such as the turn lock etc. But Canadian stores do not offer services like our US counterparts unfortunately. Bummed me out when I found out.
Honestly it's very annoying how we are poorly treated by Chanel in Canada and how we get limited stock and styles here as well and also most SA i encountered are really not all that great:sad: i always end up just reaching out to Holts SA to help with chanel purchases:sad:
But i can't believe how badly that bag was ruined by this pathetic cleaning service and how unbelievable that they demanded 300$ for it she must be heart broken:sad::sad:

I 10000% agree.. I've had many not-so-great SA experiences with chanel yorkdale. I would definitely not pay $300!! I believe the before pictures was her taking it to try and resell it (I think I saw it on an online post)? So, thats unfortunate if that has happened now and she has to resell it in that condition. I think her $4600 was what she could be listing it for? hmmmm..

I was wondering if i should travel to New york or other nearby states and drop off my bag? I wonder if they would accept it LOL..

I 10000% agree.. I've had many not-so-great SA experiences with chanel yorkdale. I would definitely not pay $300!! I believe the before pictures was her taking it to try and resell it (I think I saw it on an online post)? So, thats unfortunate if that has happened now and she has to resell it in that condition. I think her $4600 was what she could be listing it for? hmmmm..

I was wondering if i should travel to New york or other nearby states and drop off my bag? I wonder if they would accept it LOL..
she would be lucky to get 4600 i for sure wouldnt pay that for a maxi in that condition if she gets 2500 she should take it and run lol
i would absolutely say its worth it to take the trip to NY for services

Honestly it's very annoying how we are poorly treated by Chanel in Canada and how we get limited stock and styles here as well and also most SA i encountered are really not all that great :sad:
This news about lack of servicing wasn't actually known to me...I guess I just assumed a level of basic care that is similar across regions, and upon finding out from you guys, I am also really disappointed. We often can't even sign up on waiting lists or ask our boutiques to order things for us. I would pre-pay for some things that are only available in the US or Europe...but I just have to find out that Canada won't be receiving them at all. :sad:

I would seriously consider this at some point.

Really? I spoke to an SA and was told they've never offered cleaning services in Canada. :confused1:

Repairs are different, i dont think you necessarily need a receipt for repair though? I know a friend that got a bag repaired at chanel that she bought preloved but i believe it was for something small like turnlock, but then again, that was a few years ago so im sure the repair policy might've changed!