Third Evelyne or Jypsiere?

I also love my Evie and was thinking about buying a 2nd or a Jypsiere last year. Here's my $.02... I decided against the J because it was a lot of money for the same functionality as the Evie - though of course it is more formal and might be more appropriate for work or something like that. I just didn't think it was different enough of a bag to spend the extra premium on. But I DID still want something more formal than the Evie for work, nicer shopping trips, etc and rather than the J ended up with the Bolide. It can't be worn crossbody so not a proxy for J but my point is I think you should look to a bag that gives you the same functionality as E/J but also offers something different.

If it's just these 2, I'd go Evie. Nicer price point and you can get a fun color without feeling limited to how you wear it. I almost exclusively wear my Evie too so I totally get owning them in multiple colors!
Totally agree with this. I have two Evie 29’s and a Bolide 31 and love them all to bits.

OP, I’ve looked into the J a few times and I LOVE the look of it, but the opening is too annoying for me.

Whatever you choose, I hope you love it. I love the style of the Jypsiere, but every time I eye one my SA says not to. And tbh I agree because while it looks great when carried, I would hate to constantly have to deal with that flap. Also, it's pretty structured and usually uses togo or clemance leather so it can tend to get heavy.

I also am not a fan of the Evelyn either though. I hate that it has holes in it where the "H" is. But I can appreciate the price point and the wearability of the bag.

When confronted with similar options, I decided on a Halzan and I really love that bag. :biggrin:

Thank you all! Still thinking about what I’ll do but guess I have some time with inventory being what it is now. I think I’m leaning towards the jypsiere.
Please also remember that I do have a friend who uses hers LOTS and doesn't find the closure a problem..in fact it was seeing her wearing hers that made me get one.
Its a beautiful bag and very Hermes.

Former Jypsiere owner here. I absolutely LOVED my J31 until I decided I couldn’t stand the weight of it anymore. It’s a gorgeous bag, the closure really not a big issue and it fits quite a bit. I owned mine for 5 years and decided to sell. Now rocking Evelyns. Best to buy preloved or euro zone new.

if you have a friend that can let you try a J31 for a few days before committing to a purchase.... might help you to decide which way to go. Good luck!

Former Jypsiere owner here. I absolutely LOVED my J31 until I decided I couldn’t stand the weight of it anymore. It’s a gorgeous bag, the closure really not a big issue and it fits quite a bit. I owned mine for 5 years and decided to sell. Now rocking Evelyns. Best to buy preloved or euro zone new.

if you have a friend that can let you try a J31 for a few days before committing to a purchase.... might help you to decide which way to go. Good luck!

I have only ever tried the 31 and 34 at the boutique but recently thought of trying the 28 because of the weight!

I have only ever tried the 31 and 34 at the boutique but recently thought of trying the 28 because of the weight!
I have a 31 in (now discontinued) Fjord leather which is one of the heavier leathers and because of the cross body strap I actually dont find the weight an issue I dont carry tons but neither am I a minimalist ...every day items are 2 iPhones a wallet, kindle and now masks and hand sanitiser has replaced my former lipsticks. And sometimes sunglasses.
I'm 5'3 and US size 4-6 if this helps so I'm not very tall and strong! (in fact my jypsiere carrying friend is 5'1 and about the same size)

Reactions: Yodabest and CMilly
Since you're into crossbody, have you considered the Halzan? I bought a pre-loved Clemence J 34 last year and it was heavy. In addition, I found the closure to be cumbersome. Instead, I would have the straps tucked under the J flap, which defeats the look of the bag. Unlikely the Evelyne it also wont fit close to your body and will stick out a good 4-5 inches.

Reactions: Yodabest and saban
I have a 31 in (now discontinued) Fjord leather which is one of the heavier leathers and because of the cross body strap I actually dont find the weight an issue I dont carry tons but neither am I a minimalist ...every day items are 2 iPhones a wallet, kindle and now masks and hand sanitiser has replaced my former lipsticks. And sometimes sunglasses.
I'm 5'3 and US size 4-6 if this helps so I'm not very tall and strong! (in fact my jypsiere carrying friend is 5'1 and about the same size)

Thank you, this was helpful! I’m 5’ !!

Reactions: maxroxxherhandbags
Since you're into crossbody, have you considered the Halzan? I bought a pre-loved Clemence J 34 last year and it was heavy. In addition, I found the closure to be cumbersome. Instead, I would have the straps tucked under the J flap, which defeats the look of the bag. Unlikely the Evelyne it also wont fit close to your body and will stick out a good 4-5 inches.

I have and I really tried to like it and feel like I should give it another try because they’re so well loved on here. It’s really just the skinny strap that at least on ME a didn’t look right. Maybe because I’m used to the thick Evie strap so my perspective is thrown off!

Reactions: tlilrascal
If I were in your shoes, I’d give the jypsiere a chance since you already have 2 Evies. The jypsiere is a great bag. I have one in a noir size 31 clemence. I use it when I want to use a birkin but there is a dire need for the crossbody bag like going through a farmers market morning right after a yoga class kinda day. Let’s be honest, you need two full arms to carry the produce plus your kombucha. However, I must warn you that it can get really heavy for its size. Also, it is a pain to get in and out of, even more difficult than a kelly sellier. It is the birkin of crossbody bags though so it’s just the way it is. It looks fabulous and chic with athleisure wear, I’ve only used it that way except for once when I tried using a scarf as a handle so I did a more dressy look for it. It’s a great bag in my opinion so good luck with your decision!
Agree