Third Evelyne or Jypsiere?

Yodabest

Jan 1, 2016
I have two evelynes that I love so much. It’s my most used bag (and by that I mean only bag I use!) .

I have a PM in etain and gold. PM is the only size I like so if I got another, it would be a third PM but in a fun pop color. OR, I’d get a jypsiere which I’ve been thinking of for a while and it would be something different.

I would love everyone’s thoughts. TIA!

This is a tough one.

I lean toward another Evelyne in a pop color (perhaps a red hue?) since you KNOW you will use this bag.

The jypsiere.....my thoughts are 1) great crossbody, 2) love the aesthetic, 3) ugh that dreaded kelly strap mechanism, and 4) the interior could use some serious updating especially that flip-phone cell pocket.

If you do go jypsiere though, I would highly recommend the pre-loved market at a friendlier price point in case you change your mind.

Good luck!!!

This is a tough one.

I lean toward another Evelyne in a pop color (perhaps a red hue?) since you KNOW you will use this bag.

The jypsiere.....my thoughts are 1) great crossbody, 2) love the aesthetic, 3) ugh that dreaded kelly strap mechanism, and 4) the interior could use some serious updating especially that flip-phone cell pocket.

If you do go jypsiere though, I would highly recommend the pre-loved market at a friendlier price point in case you change your mind.

Good luck!!!

Thank you for this insight! It really is a tough decision and yes, the jypsiere is $$$ for new and drops so much in value the day you leave the boutique.

I have two evelynes that I love so much. It’s my most used bag (and by that I mean only bag I use!) .

I have a PM in etain and gold. PM is the only size I like so if I got another, it would be a third PM but in a fun pop color. OR, I’d get a jypsiere which I’ve been thinking of for a while and it would be something different.

I have 1 Evelyn PM 29 Noir and I have 3 Jypsiere 29- 2 in clemence-Noir and Blue Sapphir and 1 in Swift bordeaux Evelyn is always in my rotation and I don't carry my Jypsieres very often (But I have quite a few bags that I have to rotate) BUT when I do carry Jypsiere I am reminded what a great bag it is. In fact it was the bag of the day Friday and I almost purchased another one in Sage (Which was on display the boutique) Sometimes the flap/sangle is a little cumbersome (for quick errands in a big city) BUT its very secure, under the radar. Jypsiere is an underrated bag IMO and I think if you find one especially a verso you will enjoy it!

I do love this bag but to your point it is $$$ for new. I actually purchased 2 of 3 in Europe so the price point wasnt so bad

Attachments

• 3DC35545-7B9D-4D3F-A3D0-0FDB069E2612.jpeg
    3DC35545-7B9D-4D3F-A3D0-0FDB069E2612.jpeg
    152 KB · Views: 196
  • BC1CDD49-9AFC-4F84-8409-DBE4145CF889.jpeg
    BC1CDD49-9AFC-4F84-8409-DBE4145CF889.jpeg
    126.3 KB · Views: 190
I have 1 Evelyn PM 29 Noir and I have 3 Jypsiere 29- 2 in clemence-Noir and Blue Sapphir and 1 in Swift bordeaux Evelyn is always in my rotation and I don't carry my Jypsieres very often (But I have quite a few bags that I have to rotate) BUT when I do carry Jypsiere I am reminded what a great bag it is. In fact it was the bag of the day Friday and I almost purchased another one in Sage (Which was on display the boutique) Sometimes the flap/sangle is a little cumbersome (for quick errands in a big city) BUT its very secure, under the radar. Jypsiere is an underrated bag IMO and I think if you find one especially a verso you will enjoy it!

I do love this bag but to your point it is $$$ for new. I actually purchased 2 of 3 in Europe so the price point wasnt so bad
Thank you for this detailed input, the jypsiere really is beautiful. I like knowing how loved and used yours are. Is that a blue nuit jypsiere in your collection?

I own a Jypsiere and love it BUT I dont use it a great deal because of the fiddly closure.
That said my dear friend has one and uses it all the time and doesn't have an issue with the kelly strap mechanism.
I would say since you already own 2 Evelyne go for the Jypsiere.
Its a really cool looking bag and whenever I use it I always get lots of compliments and despite being x-body have a very different feel to the Evie

I also love my Evie and was thinking about buying a 2nd or a Jypsiere last year. Here's my $.02... I decided against the J because it was a lot of money for the same functionality as the Evie - though of course it is more formal and might be more appropriate for work or something like that. I just didn't think it was different enough of a bag to spend the extra premium on. But I DID still want something more formal than the Evie for work, nicer shopping trips, etc and rather than the J ended up with the Bolide. It can't be worn crossbody so not a proxy for J but my point is I think you should look to a bag that gives you the same functionality as E/J but also offers something different.

If it's just these 2, I'd go Evie. Nicer price point and you can get a fun color without feeling limited to how you wear it. I almost exclusively wear my Evie too so I totally get owning them in multiple colors!

I own a Jypsiere and love it BUT I dont use it a great deal because of the fiddly closure.
That said my dear friend has one and uses it all the time and doesn't have an issue with the kelly strap mechanism.
I would say since you already own 2 Evelyne go for the Jypsiere.
Its a really cool looking bag and whenever I use it I always get lots of compliments and despite being x-body have a very different feel to the Evie

Thank you! The flap closure is one thing I’ve been hesitant about with the jypsiere. The evelyne is just so easy to use.

Reactions: maxroxxherhandbags
I also love my Evie and was thinking about buying a 2nd or a Jypsiere last year. Here's my $.02... I decided against the J because it was a lot of money for the same functionality as the Evie - though of course it is more formal and might be more appropriate for work or something like that. I just didn't think it was different enough of a bag to spend the extra premium on. But I DID still want something more formal than the Evie for work, nicer shopping trips, etc and rather than the J ended up with the Bolide. It can't be worn crossbody so not a proxy for J but my point is I think you should look to a bag that gives you the same functionality as E/J but also offers something different.

If it's just these 2, I'd go Evie. Nicer price point and you can get a fun color without feeling limited to how you wear it. I almost exclusively wear my Evie too so I totally get owning them in multiple colors!

Interesting point, thanks. One reason I haven’t gotten the jypsiere previously was I have bags for the exact same purpose (my evelynes) and just wasn’t sure it was worth spending $$$$ to use my evelynes less! If I went with another evelyne it would be in a pop bright blue (blue electric is yummy) or red like rouge cassaque.

You need to be very clear on what you want to carry in it.
I was put off by the cinched triangular cross-section that means the usable space at the top of the bag is restricted. To me it looks like a satchel, albeit with a very distinctive Hermes closure, and scarcely any more formal than the Evelyne.
As several people have noted, a Jypsiere is in a different price bracket to the Evelyne. Once you start to to go there, perhaps there are other bags to consider, like a Roulis.

I understand that some folks may want others to know that they’re carrying an Hermes bag, and the perforated H might play into the decision. I like the Jypsiere because it is an understated piece... no logos but its smell (lol) and design elements are distinctive enough... marketed as birkin-esque with a shoulder strap :smile: I just got this twilly on the weekend to convert this to a hobo! Brilliant!53BD1D25-20E8-4B66-8F4F-0165663CE4FD.jpeg

I understand that some folks may want others to know that they’re carrying an Hermes bag, and the perforated H might play into the decision. I like the Jypsiere because it is an understated piece... no logos but its smell (lol) and design elements are distinctive enough... marketed as birkin-esque with a shoulder strap :smile: I just got this twilly on the weekend to convert this to a hobo! Brilliant!View attachment 5073614
Beautiful!! It’s so nice in gold! :love:

Reactions: JavaJo
If I were in your shoes, I’d give the jypsiere a chance since you already have 2 Evies. The jypsiere is a great bag. I have one in a noir size 31 clemence. I use it when I want to use a birkin but there is a dire need for the crossbody bag like going through a farmers market morning right after a yoga class kinda day. Let’s be honest, you need two full arms to carry the produce plus your kombucha. However, I must warn you that it can get really heavy for its size. Also, it is a pain to get in and out of, even more difficult than a kelly sellier. It is the birkin of crossbody bags though so it’s just the way it is. It looks fabulous and chic with athleisure wear, I’ve only used it that way except for once when I tried using a scarf as a handle so I did a more dressy look for it. It’s a great bag in my opinion so good luck with your decision!