Thinking Orange: Talk Me Down

taco

Jun 1, 2006
I have succomed to the dark side & fallen for something H :wtf: I know that there are gorgeous new things coming up from LV, help me take my mind off of the bag :okay:
Talk me down & get me back to LV where I [ and my bank account]belong. Pleeeeeze, I'm begging here.

This probably makes NO sense at all but here goes nuthin

I always am trying to spread out to diffrent designers. I have a few diffrent designer bags. But in the end, after my piggy bank has gotten fat, I always seem to spend it on LV, even though I know I need a tad more variety

I :heart: Hermes, but in the end, (FOR ME) it all comes back to my one and only Mr. Louis Vuitton :love:

did you get all that?? hope that helps :biggrin:

Ok, I'll try! I purchased a kelly for my birthday last year and then got some odds and ends and was convinced I was done with LV. The problem that I had was that while I had come to grips with spending $1,000-$2,000 a month on a new bag and/or accessories from LV; I just couldn't seem to deal with the long wait I had to go through just to get another bag from Hermes.

I think I was having issues with having ONE bag that cost that much, and maybe that is me. I also got really frustrated trying to find what I wanted. Maybe you will have more luck than I did. The leather is yummy and the stuff is classic, I just needed more immediate gratification!

I love LINDY!!!! My DH & I had dinner with one of our clients & she had a gorgeous pink Lindy that I pawed & sniffed & fell in lust with. I could swing it, but I'd have to downsize my LV :crybaby: I don't want to, but I can't get the thing out of my head.
Techno is lovely, but I've been shying away from the obvious LV logos for a while. I do love the shiny stuff though & Amarante sounds gorgeous & did I hear something about purple epi:graucho:

Mr.Posh..dabbling is dangerous, I am so jealous of your H.

I'm not going to say Hermes bags aren't gorgeous. I am seriously addicted to H. I have a Picotin and had an Evelyne. As much as I love the Picotin if I could only have one bag and had to choose between that and my Speedy, I'd choose the Speedy. There's just something about it. :heart:

Well the biggest downside to me of hermes is the weight, especially birkins, it keeps me from using either of mine too much. I don't know how the lindy is, I haven't been to hermes in forever, I just hate dealing with SF.

Divirsity is good, so I do like having the few pieces I have, but would never deplete my LV for it.

4 simple words: Amarante Vernis and Purple Epi!!!!!!!!! It is going to be an expensive fall/winter! Let dreams of dancing purple bags fill your head and imagine what you can buy at LV for the price of the Lindy. No more orange...purple!

I don't know if this helps but... I got a Kelly and loved it. But then I started adding accessories and they are PRICEY! For what the wallet cost, I could have had 2 LV bags... or at least one. Then, the bag was soo heavy. I had shoulder surgery so that was a factor but I am totally back to LV now... sold my H bags and only want LV. It is classic, has some status (but not too much) and it works for the budget.

Good luck!

4 simple words: Amarante Vernis and Purple Epi!!!!!!!!! It is going to be an expensive fall/winter! Let dreams of dancing purple bags fill your head and imagine what you can buy at LV for the price of the Lindy. No more orange...purple!

Epi :yahoo:
Thank you lvdreamer!
crochetbella, Tink & steph, the Lindy didn't feel as heavy as a large-ish Birkin[may have been the wine goggles] but I hear you on the H weight issue :Push:
Tink, the Pamp is heavy, how do you think it compares to a 25cm Birkin?
Thanks ladies, I am starting to snap out of it..