Thinking of selling pochette Métis empreinte

Vaso An.

Mar 30, 2020
Hello , so I am thinking of selling my Louis Vuitton pochette Métis rose poudre . It’s my only Louis Vuitton bag for the moment so I was thinking with the money of this bag to get a neverfull in damier Azur rose ballerina and a speedy damier Ebene bandouliere 25 . So I would get 2 bags ! On the other Hand my husband says that this bag is like a jewellery and I should keep it and buy or the neverfull or the speedy for the Moment . What is your opinion ? I like my Métis but I could have more options .

Hi there,
from personal experience I would say it is never a good idea to just sell to fund the next bag(s).
I have made this mistake in the past and regretted it deeply. Plus: Repurchasing is always a struggle- you always pay more!!! - since you won‘t get all your money back When reselling and price increases do the rest.... :-s

On top of that: the Pochette Metis is one of the most reasonable priced full leather Louis Vuitton bags (in my opnion).
I would definitely keep it and save more to buy more ... it can always happen that they discontinue a certain color (has happened before) and you will never be able to get a new (from the store) rose poudre Metis once you‘ve sold it!

Good luck with your decision! :heart:

I have to agree 100% with @DamierEbene on this. I have learned the hard way that LV leather does not hold it's value compared to canvas. I don't think you would get enough to fund the purchase of 2 canvas bags. I'm guessing it's the bag in your avatar? It looks beautiful on you. I say keep it and take the advice of your husband (very sweet btw) and just get one of your other two choices.

You're not going to get enough money out to fund 2 other bags, not even close. I'd probably save up to purchase one of the other two and then sell the PM afterwards, not before.

I agree with everyone else on this. In addition to leather not selling like canvas, light empreinte doesn't sell like the darker colors because many people are afraid of color transfer. Since you have a crossbody I'd recommend putting the neverfull next on your list.

Reactions: Born4thjuly