Thinking of selling my speedy for a preloved LV...thoughts?

MJDaisy

OMFG.
O.G.
Dec 28, 2007
Boston
I have a DE Speedy 35 that I purchased in January of 2016. I want to love this bag but it is big and I don't love the handheld. It used to be fine for me before but my new lifestyle I commute to work via train and walk 2 miles a day to and from the train (1 mile to work and 1 back). The handheld just drives me nuts. I also think the 35 is too big for me.

I REALLY want a Trevi. I have always admired these bags but never gave it much thought since they are discontinued and I usually buy my LV New. But recently I have become a bit obsessed. I just got a new delightful and neverfull within the last 2 months, so I can't just go out and splurge on one. I was thinking about selling my speedy via Fashionphile or YoogisCloset and putting the funds towards a preloved Trevi.

What would you do if you were me? For those who have sold, would you recommend selling to FP or to Yoogis?

Reactions: iLuvBeauty

MokeyLV

Mar 6, 2013
It doesn't hurt to get quotes from both, but Fashionphile has always offered me more for my pieces. Trevi is beautiful but heavy. Not sure I would choose it for a long walk/train commute.

Reactions: MJDaisy
Sep 11, 2006
U.K.
I have a DE Speedy 35 that I purchased in January of 2016. I want to love this bag but it is big and I don't love the handheld. It used to be fine for me before but my new lifestyle I commute to work via train and walk 2 miles a day to and from the train (1 mile to work and 1 back). The handheld just drives me nuts. I also think the 35 is too big for me.

I REALLY want a Trevi. I have always admired these bags but never gave it much thought since they are discontinued and I usually buy my LV New. But recently I have become a bit obsessed. I just got a new delightful and neverfull within the last 2 months, so I can't just go out and splurge on one. I was thinking about selling my speedy via Fashionphile or YoogisCloset and putting the funds towards a preloved Trevi.

What would you do if you were me? For those who have sold, would you recommend selling to FP or to Yoogis?
Ask for quotes from both. I have had much better quotes (sometimes double) from Yoogis on the whole. I have sold to both and there is no doubt that the Yoogis operation is much more slick. Be prepared to take a hit price wise though.

As for the swap. If you can't get on with the Speedy even though you love it then sell it. The Trevi is a heavy piece as I understand so may not be your best option for your particular travelling circumstances. Have you thought about the Speedy B if you love the bag style?

Reactions: MJDaisy

MJDaisy

OMFG.
O.G.
Dec 28, 2007
Boston
Ask for quotes from both. I have had much better quotes (sometimes double) from Yoogis on the whole. I have sold to both and there is no doubt that the Yoogis operation is much more slick. Be prepared to take a hit price wise though.

As for the swap. If you can't get on with the Speedy even though you love it then sell it. The Trevi is a heavy piece as I understand so may not be your best option for your particular travelling circumstances. Have you thought about the Speedy B if you love the bag style?
Thanks, I did request a quote from both so will be interested in seeing what they come back with.

There is something about the speedy B that I don't love! I can't put my finger on it. Maybe I should try it though....I would like to have a 30 again, as I think 35 is too large for me.

Thanks for the advice !

LVlvoe_bug

Jul 14, 2012
Midwest
Thanks, I did request a quote from both so will be interested in seeing what they come back with.

There is something about the speedy B that I don't love! I can't put my finger on it. Maybe I should try it though....I would like to have a 30 again, as I think 35 is too large for me.

Thanks for the advice !
Try Couture USA for a quote as well...sometimes they come in higher than Yoogis....I have the Trevi, I like it!

MJDaisy

OMFG.
O.G.
Dec 28, 2007
Boston
Thanks all. Still waiting to hear back from fashionphile with a quote but will NOT be going with the yoogis quote!! Will keep the Speedy instead and save for a trevi at the quote offered by yoogis.

Pradagal

Lifeslittleluxury
O.G.
Dec 31, 2007
I had the Trevi but sold it. I don't know if it's a bag I would recommend if you have a long commute. It doesn't fit much and it is a very heavy bag.

Miss Krys

Jun 14, 2014
Edmonton, Canada

If the Speedy isn't working for you then yes, it would be worth selling it and using the funds towards a more lifestyle-compatible bag. It would be worth getting quotes from both Fashionphile and Yoogi's Closet, even looking at other options such as Facebook groups and eBay, to find the best way to maximize your resale value.

SpeedyJC

Just a gal who loves purses, clocks and cats
O.G.
Jul 29, 2008
New York/ Vermont
I would sell it. I think the 35 is rather large so I can see how it is not working out for your needs. Go with the bag you want.