Thinking of selling my Pochette Metis....

EJsMommy1

Apr 30, 2016
Hello everyone. So before actually purchasing my Pochette Metis, I waited about 3 months (which i'm sure isn't long compared to some others who have waited a while as well!) I've used it about 5-7 times since my purchase in December. I've read about the glazing issues that most have had to deal with on their PM, however I decided to take the plunge and purchase anyway. It's such a beautiful bag and now I'm debating if I should sell it. I've started to see just tiny little pieces of peeled glazing around the corners of the flap area. Although it's not too noticeable, I'm worried about the glazing issues it'll produce as time goes on. :sad:

I have always loved the Palm Springs Mini backpack, it's just super cute to me! Seems like it would be a great staple all seasons long. As I know both bags are different as well as space, I'm debating if I should sell my PM for a Palm Springs Mini. Does this sound crazy? Lol. I know both pieces are hard to come by and I haven't read much issues with the Palm Springs Mini. Which would you choose out of these 2 pieces and why? What is your experience to those that have owned each or both of these bags?

TIA! :smile:

Reactions: laidieSS
The PS Mini has quickly become my go to bag for casual outings. It fits a surprisingly large amount but still is light and easy to carry. You should check out longer thread devoted to it, lots of great info.

I had the same thing happen to mine, after a few months of occasional use where the clip rubs there was glue coming out from under the glazing. The glazing was still intact but it worried me it would come away from the canvas

Honestly I sold my PM because I felt it was just too stressful to use the darn bag. I guess if I am inspecting a bag every time I go to put her away after using it’s just too much. Just a note if you are selling right now while the bag is hard to find it’s a benefit for you. I sold my PM a few months back for way over retail and made a little bit. Well I also purchase my PM when it was 1650or something of that sort. So I’d say let it go if you are going to worry over it.

Hello everyone. So before actually purchasing my Pochette Metis, I waited about 3 months (which i'm sure isn't long compared to some others who have waited a while as well!) I've used it about 5-7 times since my purchase in December. I've read about the glazing issues that most have had to deal with on their PM, however I decided to take the plunge and purchase anyway. It's such a beautiful bag and now I'm debating if I should sell it. I've started to see just tiny little pieces of peeled glazing around the corners of the flap area. Although it's not too noticeable, I'm worried about the glazing issues it'll produce as time goes on. :sad:

I have always loved the Palm Springs Mini backpack, it's just super cute to me! Seems like it would be a great staple all seasons long. As I know both bags are different as well as space, I'm debating if I should sell my PM for a Palm Springs Mini. Does this sound crazy? Lol. I know both pieces are hard to come by and I haven't read much issues with the Palm Springs Mini. Which would you choose out of these 2 pieces and why? What is your experience to those that have owned each or both of these bags?

TIA! :smile:

My PM will be 2 years in the summer and I used it ALL THE TIME!! Just last week a pin from the strap popped out and they gave me a new strap without the hassle. I was always fearful of cracking, but (not on wood) have yet to experience any.

It is a great bag and I get tons of compliments on it. Despite being so popular I rarely see other ladies with it.

It’s highly functional, classy and really holds up to my beating. Just some considerations IMO.

I sold mine to FP and they gave me $1300 buyout. Mine was like new preloved (receipt, tags, box, and everything) and while I did like the bag alot, I noticed the glazing was beginning to peel and I didn't want to deal with that.

For me the Noir Twinset was the perfect replacement. Sounds like the PS backpack is yours! I say go for it!

Nice payout...how much of your patina turned by time you sold?

Honestly I sold my PM because I felt it was just too stressful to use the darn bag. I guess if I am inspecting a bag every time I go to put her away after using it’s just too much. Just a note if you are selling right now while the bag is hard to find it’s a benefit for you. I sold my PM a few months back for way over retail and made a little bit. Well I also purchase my PM when it was 1650or something of that sort. So I’d say let it go if you are going to worry over it.

Just curious who gave you way over retail? Mine is hardly used and also in perfect condition. Thinking of selling too

I sold my monogram one, and purchased a pm in red leather. The leather strap is soft, and comfortable. I used my bag lots, traveled with it, but it wouldn't stay closed. I don't have the problem on the leather bag. Only problem I have with it is that I carry too much.

If you don't love a bag, sell it, and get something you do love.

Just curious who gave you way over retail? Mine is hardly used and also in perfect condition. Thinking of selling too
Please keep in mind I paid like 1600 something when I first purchased. When I sold it was 1700 something retail. I sold for 2200. So at that time it was well over retail. Also that was when it was scarce everywhere almost like now. The difference now is there are tons of people who are selling PM’s just about on every site which makes it difficult to Sell at a higher price. This includes consignment sites. I do not sell to consignment sites I am an independent seller. Also being a prominent seller helps as well.

I bought mine in the summer and I thought id be safe since it was a newer bag. noticed some glazing last week took it in and they gave me a credit note. on the list for another but I dont think I will repurchase.

Not sure if you still have this dilemma since this thread’s a year old but I have the opposite dilemma! I bought a Palm Springs mini instead of the pochette but now I’m strongly considering selling my Ps for a PM in empreinte. I feel like the age of the PS mini is a bit over? I think it’s a great casual bag but I’m kind of over the 90s throwback and just feel like I have other bags I’d rather wear that suit the same purpose (Celine nano luggage, Gucci disco)....

I feel like the PM is more classic and timeless!