Thinking of purchasing my first RM....

KatherineO

lovely<3
Jul 3, 2010
North Carolina
I've been drooling over the black mini MAC with black hardware but it seems a lot of people have had quality issues. Does anyone own the bag I'm speaking of? How do you like it? Any quality issues?

thedseer

her?
O.G.
Sep 27, 2009
the DMV
That's what I was afraid of hearing. I'm not a fan of buying handbags from a designer with a reputable name only to have quality issues :/
While RM's quality is not as good as it once was, I think some things tend to wear no matter what the designer (black hw, metallic leather)...it's often just a matter of time.

sdkitty

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
San Diego
I have a MAM with gunmetal HW and no issues with that. Could you get the bag you want with silver or gunmetal HW?

thedseer

her?
O.G.
Sep 27, 2009
the DMV
I had issues with one of the early RM gunmetal bags peeling, but a more recent one I have has had no issues. I agree that gunmetal is a good choice/alternative to the black hardware.

ms_j

Jul 26, 2013
Australia
I think black is a good idea as it kind of hides bad quality leather but knock on wood the quality will pick up!

KatherineO

lovely<3
Jul 3, 2010
North Carolina
I have a MAM with gunmetal HW and no issues with that. Could you get the bag you want with silver or gunmetal HW?

I really like the black hardware because it suits my style, I'm still thinking I'll get it just because it'll get rotated with other bags so hopefully I won't have any issues

JennyErin

O.G.
Mar 31, 2007
Alberta, Canada
+1 on the gunmetal hw instead, I also have a MAM with GMHW and after much much use, it still looks perfect! Coincidentally I am also using it today haha.