Thinking of purchasing first Gucci from Tian collection - how does it compare?

bem3231

O.G.
Aug 10, 2008
Hi all -

I am on vacation and recently wandered by the Gucci store and saw some pieces from the Tian collection in the window. I am in love, and am considering either the Supreme Tote, the Supreme Boston Bag, or the Supreme Shopper Tote (with bamboo handles). The canvas seems sturdy and the detailing seems well done, but not having owned a Gucci canvas bag before (or any Gucci item) I am wondering what I might expect compared to my LV canvas bags?

I have read all of the threads that I can find on tPF regarding quality / construction of LV vs. Gucci, however many of the posts are several years old. The Tian pieces are lined and seem quite nicely put together. So, what might I expect in terms of quality from these newer Gucci canvas items?

Any feedback or advice would be most appreciated. Thank you! :smile:

Last edited:
Hi all -

I am on vacation and recently wandered by the Gucci store and saw some pieces from the Tian collection in the window. I am in love, and am considering either the Supreme Tote, the Supreme Boston Bag, or the Supreme Shopper Tote (with bamboo handles). The canvas seems sturdy and the detailing seems well done, but not having owned a Gucci canvas bag before (or any Gucci item) I am wondering what I might expect compared to my LV canvas bags?

I have read all of the threads that I can find on tPF regarding quality / construction of LV vs. Gucci, however many of the posts are several years old. The Tian pieces are lined and seem quite nicely put together. So, what might I expect in terms of quality from these newer Gucci canvas items?

there is a user who just purchased from this collection. i'm sure she could answer best. link to the thread where she posted below.

http://forum.purseblog.com/gucci/is-this-gucci-overload-934333.html

Hi all -

I would go for the bamboo handles tote - no doubt about it :loveeyes:

I also think you should go for which beautiful bird most appeals to you as they are the main feature of the bag.

The print is beautiful, the only this which stops me (buying) is I feel I've sorted out my Summer lights, brights and prints for a few years forward, I just can't justify.

The quality issues seemed to have been centred around the original canvas (uncoated). Supreme is two stages on from those. I have had my coated canvas bag for 7 years with no problems.

I would go for the bamboo handles tote - no doubt about it :loveeyes:

I also think you should go for which beautiful bird most appeals to you as they are the main feature of the bag.

The print is beautiful, the only this which stops me (buying) is I feel I've sorted out my Summer lights, brights and prints for a few years forward, I just can't justify.

The quality issues seemed to have been centred around the original canvas (uncoated). Supreme is two stages on from those. I have had my coated canvas bag for 7 years with no problems.

Thank you for the reply - this is just the type of info I was looking for, especially after having read some old threads on the quality issues with the original Gucci canvas.

I do love the bamboo handled tote, but I feel that the print is showcased better on the regular tote. Decisions!...:cool: