Thinking of purchasing a pair of Frye Veronica Slouch...

Lemonbloom

Aug 13, 2011
I ordered a pair of Melissa Button boots in dark brown from Frye about a week ago and wasn't pleased with how they looked on me. Maybe it was just that one particular color, but I didn't think it was flattering. The leather was too "shiny" and "proper" for my likings, where as I'm looking for something else a bit more "vintage", "imperfect" and casual looking.

I decided to send the Melissa Buttons back and Im trying to decide on a new pair of Fryes to order. I think I've pretty much decided on the Veronica Slouchs, since there is NO WHERE online that is selling a size 8.5 pair of Paige Tall Riding boots in Tan, which is the only other boot that I'd buy right away.

Anyways, I need help deciding on a pair of Veronicas to buy. I think I'm pretty much stuck between dark brown and black, color wise, leaning more towards the black. Does anyone have any pictures of their own pair of these boots that I could somewhat base my decision off of? Or else their own opinion on what color I should choose?

Also, I'm about 5'8"-5'9" and wear a shoe size 9 normally & the Melissa Buttons in an 8 & 1/2 fit me perfectly with and without socks. I have a narrow foot! What size should I get in these boots?

Any decision making help would be awesome!

I stayed TTS with these boots. They are sooo comfy compared to my engineers, I was very pleased. I have them in brown. Let me go take a picture and upload it really quick.

I've had the black ones for 5 years and wear them at least 100 times a year. No joke! My friend has the brown and it also looks great. Think about which one will go with your clothes, especially your coats.

I just ordered a size 7 in the Veronica slouch (I have a wide foot and vary from 6.5-7 mostly 7s) and my heel is slipping even with socks - I was also about to slip the boot on easily - are they too big? I have other boots where the heel slips - I just want to make sure I'm not going to break these in and have them too clunky. I tried some thin socks on and they still slip, but I worry a 6.5 might be too tight...