Thinking of painting your Hermes??? You should check it out!!

What's wrong with painting on a normal canvas and put it in a frame? Why de-face an item produced by another artisan's hard work?

Not so much publicity ;)

When I was younger I painted some (non-H) vintage bags I found in charity shops because I though they looked boring :rolleyes:. Such beautiful workmanship (the bags not my painting) such quality materials, I could KICK myself :smash:

Seeing the painted Toile Kelly just broke my heart, that is my holy grail... If the canvas/toile has terrible staining, I can see this being an option. But it would have to have a bullet hole and blood stains for me to consider it, lol...

I have not had the privilege of owning my first Hermes bag YET but when I do I can think of nothing worse than painting it. Art should be on the wall or in a sculpture and the beauty of craftsmanship that is an H bag should be left unsullied IMHO. Just saying....:smile:

She is not an artist! Those Hermes bags she posted on her IG with hand painted are not authentic, that is why she has the courage to paint it and show it in public! I don't think those people who owned an authentic Hermes will have it paint. Why? Because the value of the bag will depreciate. :tup:

Whether it is authentic or not, to each his own, I know she came from a wealthy family and she has her own career ,etc..... However being married to a senator in the Philippines, It is not a good perception to have a wife with all these handbags that can build a hospital or make concrete roads in the rural areas. Maybe she needs to tone it down a bit. Remember Imelda Marcos?

authentic or not, celebs in Phils like to flaunt it over the top ... to show money is no object.. like wearing fur and boots in shows when the country is primarily humid and hot 90 degrees..

She is not an artist! Those Hermes bags she posted on her IG with hand painted are not authentic, that is why she has the courage to paint it and show it in public! I don't think those people who owned an authentic Hermes will have it paint. Why? Because the value of the bag will depreciate. :tup:
This does make sense tho... I often wonder why ppl wanted to paint a beautiful H handbag:confused1::confused1: when nothing else is needed on the bag itself (ok..except few cute bag charms cus those cute charms can be removed at anytime) . Did she state in her IG that those bags were fake or real or she just let ppl guessing?? Not a fan of painting fakes either :shocked:.

Reactions: mark jay ray
I'm In the minority, but I think painting would be a fun and creative way to bring life back to old toile bags. Painting a leather bag (even train wreck) would be a no-no though!!

Reactions: 1LV