Thinking of having these strassed... Experts?

To strass or not to strass?

• Strass it!! It's your wedding day! You need a showstopper!

• Leave it! It's stunning as it is!!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Nolia

Red Soul
O.G.
Mar 11, 2011
Hi ladies, I've been toying with the idea of getting my wedding shoes strassed before my big day. I really love the colour of the multiglitter and if strassed, I want to maintain that light champagne / rose gold look.

To the expert eyes, which crystals do you think would best suit my shoe?
* I've heard AB crystals are not very good unless you are strassing jewel colour (green, blue, purple, red).

I'd only be getting the glitter part strassed (leaving the specchio alone). Has anyone strassed a shoe with that kind of colour? Do you have images of it?

attachment.php

Attachments

• pp140.jpg
    pp140.jpg
    253 KB · Views: 813
I am a big AB fan. I am not sure why they wouldn't look good on the gold miniglitter though? If they are close enough together I don't see why not. Do you want to do a neutral like silk? Or a fun, bright color?

I am a big AB fan. I am not sure why they wouldn't look good on the gold miniglitter though? If they are close enough together I don't see why not. Do you want to do a neutral like silk? Or a fun, bright color?

I was looking at some shoes with silk crystals and they look pretty light. Im thinking silk or golden shadow. But its hard for me to imagine the whole shoe in it though.

strass it! Might be worth getting a chart and comparing the crystals. I can't see why AB wouldn't work. congrats for the wedding :smile:

I wish I could find shoes to compare against each other instead of just looking at crystals.

no no no no no no please, no.

I like the multi-glitter a lot but I don`t have a strass shoe and was thinking this would be a good opportunity. What do you think about regular strassed Pigalles?

I guess that I wouldn't strass a pair of shoes that already have so much sparkle & beauty - seems like overkill. If you have your heart set on it, have a regular pair of Pigalles strassed. Congrats on the upcoming wedding:smile:

I vote strass! I think Jonquil AB would look stunning! Here's an example of Jonquil AB over gold:
picture.php

*Sorry the picture is so huge.*

If you didn't want an AB I would say Lt Peach or Silk but my vote is for Jonquil AB 100%!

I voted to STRASS and agree that Jonquil AB would be GORGEOUS!! You could buy a small sample of different crystals in SS20 (larger so you can get a better idea of how it would look) and see which one you like best? Other possibilities are light peach (+/- AB), silk (+/- AB), crystal golden shadow (+/- AB). Or you could buy a color chart with sample crystals, although I believe it only has one crystal each.

I ordered a sample of silver crystal night and decided it was way too light for what I was looking for.

Just out of curiosity, is your wedding gown really fancy (as in a lot of lace) or is it more simple? Personally, I think that a strass shoe would go better with a simpler gown while a more detailed gown would look better with just the glitter.