Thinking of getting my 1st Bbag for my 40th

Which one should I get? (If I get one)

• Black Cherry Work

• Autumn City

Results are only viewable after voting.

QueenLouis

O.G.
Mar 6, 2007
Why oh why did I start peeking in this forum? Now I'm starting to think about treating myself with a Bbag for my rapidly approaching 40th birthday.

I'm really liking the black cherry color, but looks like I can only get it in a Work. I really like the City style, and I do like the Autumn color a lot... but not as much as black cherry.

If I do decide to splurge for my bday, which one should I get?

Oh, this is really tough... I would go for the City because it's a much easier size to carry and would be of a lot more use to you... you can carry day or night, for informal and more formal occasions.. the Work isn't as versatile... But, if you really like Black Cherry in a City, you should wait for one. I thought I saw a Black Cherry City on Bonanzle?

Yeah, agreed. A tough choice indeed.

Do you have any other options? There is a possibility you could find a new Black Cherry City on a resale site since the color is not that old. There have been a ton of ladies finding new-old stock at retailers like Balenciaga NY and NM etc.

So, for the lack of voting options -- I vote Black Cherry City since you could probably find one.

It doesn't matter though, either one of your choices would be great too. Welcome to the addiction. :flowers:

Yeah, agreed. A tough choice indeed.

Do you have any other options? There is a possibility you could find a new Black Cherry City on a resale site since the color is not that old. There have been a ton of ladies finding new-old stock at retailers like Balenciaga NY and NM etc.

So, for the lack of voting options -- I vote Black Cherry City since you could probably find one.

It doesn't matter though, either one of your choices would be great too. Welcome to the addiction. :flowers:

No, no, no. No new addiction. I'm already addicted to a bunch of other bags. This would just be a one time treat. Right? Right?:angel:

^^^^:lolots:
If you manage to avoid the addiction of Balenciaga Bags, once you get your hands on one, I will be AMAZED!!! :nogood:

I'd like to think you can find the Black Cherry City too. It looks like a stunner to me. :yahoo:

I'm going to give the Chicago Barney's a call tomorrow to see if they have anything in Black Cherry. But otherwise... I'd be too nervous to get one off an auction or consignment site.

I agree with the other ladies - wait for a Black Cherry City (the Work is considerably larger and not as versatile as the City), and...welcome to the addiction!:graucho:

I would suggest a City as you will definately get more use out of it. The Work is great for "work" (duh!) but the City is perfect for every day use and for the evening...

I'm going to give the Chicago Barney's a call tomorrow to see if they have anything in Black Cherry. But otherwise... I'd be too nervous to get one off an auction or consignment site.

Welcome to the Bal forum! And, if you don't become addicted to these bags, you will set a record here, LOL. I understand about being nervous on auction sites, but the consignment shops listed under "Reputable Sellers" in the shopping section all sell authentic bags. Or, if you do find one on an auction site, show it in the "authentic this" thread (shopping section). The ladies there are fantastic! Good luck with your search!

Oh, just want to add that my vote is for the City, too.

Actually most of us here buy online for the harder to find colors so as mentioned, you can get it authenticated first before deciding!

Also, some prices are pretty reasonable for that rare color so why not? Since you like the City and in Black Cherry then you should get this combination. Shouldn't settle for something that is available readily but instead you should purchase something that you really like!

And I vote BC city! Good luck :biggrin:

The Balenciaga forum is very addicting.:Push: Once you are here it is hard to leave...

That being said, I think the City is the perfect first Bbag. Then maybe a Work for your second, unless you fall hard for the City and have to add more and more. ;)

*I voted Autumn City because I think the color is gorgeous and it is a great neutral!!:heart:

I think it's important to love both the style AND the color that you choose. For your first Bal, and the amount of money you will be spending, you should absolutely love every thing about it. I have both the work and the city, and I find that I carry my cities more often but many tPFers are work girls, so it's really a personal decision.

Have you played around with both the work and the city styles? Do you live somewhere where you can try both on? Once you decide on exactly what you want, I would call around to as many stores as I can and try to find one. If you don't have any luck, then I recommend emailing Corey from realdealcollection.com- she is amazing to work with and only sells Bals. Many of us on the forum work with her. You could also contact Erica from hgbagsonline.com. I think Erica recently had a black cherry city, actually. Both Corey and Erica are very nice and only sell authentic Bals. It may take some time to find what you want, but you will find it.

Both colors are beautiful - I have a Black Cherry day that I got from Bal LV and it is a gorgeous color -- guess I was lucky to get one since it seems to be a hard color to find. Autumn is a great color also, but my vote is definitely Black Cherry city if you can find it -- great bag in a luscious color. Bal NY is the oldest store and is another great one to deal with(other than LV) -- if any one would have an older, hard to find color it would be them. Find yourself a great SA from either location(or both) and they will help you find what you are looking for. Corey at RDC is also someone I would recommend -- she always has lovely bags and is a pleasure to deal with. You very well may find a black cherry on her site as well as alot of other scrumptious bags!! Good Luck & happy shopping!!
Let us know what you get and plz post lots of pics!! :smile: