Thinking of getting Capucines MM. Is it a good choice?

Heysexy

Dec 9, 2016
hey everyone. I'm a Chanel lover but am interested in buying an LV capucine MM in a beige colour.

Does anyone know if it's good in terms of day to day practicality?

Does it have a high resale value like Chanel boy?

Also,

Anyone know of or experienced any colour transfer onto the capucine bag?

:smile:

hey everyone. I'm a Chanel lover but am interested in buying an LV capucine MM in a beige colour.

Also,

There are several threads discussing the Capucine which may give you some more info. You can find them by using the search tool. Here is just one: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/has-anyone-regret-getting-the-capucines-mm.886625/
To address your questions: the bag has a terrible resale value. The last Capucine MM that actually sold on eBay did so for less than $3,100 so if that's a concern you are better off sticking with Chanel. The bag is lovely and I didn't have any problems with color transfer but mine was also black. My issue with this bag and the reason I eventually sold mine was its weight. The bag alone was incredibly heavy and once I carried my essentials it was like lugging bricks around. So if you haven't tried the bag out yet I highly recommend doing so to make sure you'll be ok with its weight.

I love mine, but I wouldn't say it's terribly practical. I don't mind heavy bags, so that's not any issue for me. I just love the look of it, and I like the way the inside is structured. Mine is violet, so it's almost dark enough to hide issues with color transfer, but I haven't had any yet.

Also,

I love the look of the Capucines - so elegant and refined. However I do find that it is almost too formal for everyday wear for me. It looks like a work only bag. So I rarely use it as I already have a work tote. The middle zippered compartment is small, too. I have considered selling my Noir MM to buy the PM size and will likely do that. I find the smaller size is better for me as it will make it look more casual. Note that I am petite so the MM feels large on me. When I purchased the bag there was no PM option. I agree that it is a heavy bag which is ok for me but may be problematic for others. So love the style of the bag but the size is probably what makes it hard for me to use on a daily basis. Hope this helps!

The Capucines is a gorgeous bag and the quality is absolutely amazing! Sold the MM because of the weight (I do miss it) but quickly replaced with a PM. I wear it with the strap or without

I'm thinking of a Capu PM in black with GHW. I'm also thinking about the Lady Dior in Medium and a Gucci Dionysus Bamboo (all in black). I don't mind having many bags of the same colour but I'm afraid of limiting my options when I choose a bag to use. Very tempted by the Capucines in Galet (beige shade) but considering how much of an accident magnet I am, I'm terrified of spills and stains. Rubis red isn't as beautiful to me as the Coquelicot (limited seasonal red) so I had to nix that idea. The one-handed design of the bag might not be so practical (depending on if you're using the shoulder strap) but I find it terribly chic. You definitely can't fit a long wallet into the BB size. As for weight, the PM is almost the same as the BB (maybe even slightly lighter because of the newer construction). I like the look and capacity of the MM size but the weight is off-putting. In terms of resale, the Capucines just doesn't have that kind of value. Hope this helps in some way. :flowers:

Last edited:
Reactions: Sonmi999
The only sizes I would consider getting for the Capucines are either the BB or PM. Even at the smaller sizes, it is still a very heavy bag. This is coming from me who actually don't mind the weight of my Chanel jumbo flaps. If you don't mind the weight, it can be carried as a daily bag.

Not sure which beige color you are interested in. I have one in Galet (which is a beige color) and so far I have not seen any color transfer. I also don't use it on a daily basis and I'm pretty careful when I do carry it so that may explain why. Personally, I don't think color transfer is going to be a big problem.

And no, resale value is no where as good as a Chanel boy. I saw quite a few MM size priced way below retail on consignment websites. If you haven't actually seen one in person, I would highly recommend to you do so. Play around with the different sizes a little bit and see if the weight is a problem for you.

Otherwise, this is a gorgeous bag and is one of my favorite purchases from LV.

I recently purchased the Capucines MM. I am usually ok full leather bags but this one is really heavy. I think I would get the PM with the strap but those are really hard to find on the resale market.

I have the BB, it is a size that is really great, cute but also holds a good amount, without being so heavy, like the other 2 sizes. I don't carry it as an everyday bag, but every time I do carry it I really love it. The re-sale is not really good on this bag for some reason, but the BB was obviously the least expensive of the 3 sizes, and I really don't think I will ever sell it, though.