Thinking of getting a large bag

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I am thinking about a large work bag to carry together with smaller bag, or as a carry-on

Mulberry East West large Sludge suede bayswater
    [​IMG]

could go with personal bags like:

Alexa
    [​IMG]

YSL anthracite besace
    [​IMG]

or even Coach top handle legacy
    [​IMG]

Any thoughts?

Anna Wintour, Editor-in-Chief of American Vogue carries it well
    [​IMG]

2. The Alexa doesn't strike me as a work bag.I don't know how much you intend to carry but the ladies who own them don't seem to carry a lot in them for fear of the handles breaking. E/W bays in suede, looks lovely but won't the suede look battered if used daily? If it was me I would look at a A4 roxy or the last one you have pictured.

3. I vote for the suede e/w bay! I think it looks fantastic :yes:

4. How much battering would you want your large work bag to take? Would you want to be able to carry it on the shoulder or handheld?

I like the large east wet bays, but I don't think it will fit on the shoulder and it would get pretty heavy when full. Also, I think it may need a lot of babying if you want to keep it pristine.

Are there any other large bags you are considering?

5. I have the regular Grey Suede Bays and it holds up suprisingly well to the use I give it, still looks new - so they are not fragile! Though I protect mine regularly with a waterstop spray.

6. thanks so much girls...I am in love with grey suede regular bays, but I do have YSL Muse II in suede and the size is so simolar, even the type is similar a bit.

When I saw this EW large Bays, wow !!!

I just tote student papers and my books, and need additional small bag for my personal stuff, so YSL besace, which I have, seems like a great match.

We have extremely cold, clean, white winter, absolutelly nothing to get my bags dirty and I boldly wear suede for several months, so this large Bays seemed so perfect.

I saw only one mod pic of it on the forum, and don't know if it is more luggage or a large work bag. Photo of Anna seems like what I would like it to be.

I would carry it together with Alexa (Alexa with my personal stuff because it is "kind of" fragile), or with Besace or Coach...

7. hand held, I woudl have my personal bag on the shoulder...and considering our clean, long, frozen, white winter, it would be clean as new, like all my suede boots, jackets, bags are - like when I got them :biggrin: one nice feature of this cold :graucho:

8. The Large E/W Bays is a BIG bag - I got one by accident (!) and was shocked by the size - it's more like an overnight bag IMO, and quite heavy.

If you'd like to see scruffy modelling pics on a 5'3/1m60 person, have a look here.

9. Oh, well at least such a cold winter can have it's advantages, sounds much better than when we have rubbish snow. That's what annoys me about our winter, limits the bags I can use and my Muse IIs cannot come out as much!

The grey sludge suede sounds more durable than I thought, but I'm guessing yu would have to buy online and so couldn't try it out first to see what you think of the size?

10. Wow tp. I would never have thought it was so big. That's a great reference point!

11. The E/W Bays is GIANT but lovely. I don't think it will be easy to handle though, because of its size and weight.

12. i would go for the oversized alexa. the sldge e/w bays is HUGE!

13. I have no advice to give you. But I love your YSL anthracite besace :biggrin:

14. WOW, it is big, I am 5'6 and it will be the same on the shoulder....I was thinking of wearing Alexa on the shoulder or cross-body and EW Bays in hand as a large carry-on, or for large loads of student papers

THANKS for pics tortoiseperson, I actually do remember your panic attack ;) a while ago, I just did not realize you have posted photos, THANKS so much, they mean a lot to me to think and re-think

15. yes, yes, online is my problem

but, what an avatar !!!!!! You do have YSL roady flap ? In black pebbled leather ? My dream indeed !!! :love:

Again, I have besace in the same leather, and can not justify to buy another normal size black bag :shame:

:flowers: