Thinking of Cabas Rivington as my next ebene bag. Can you share your opinions please?

crumpy

Aug 2, 2010
Hi everyone. I am such a huge damier ebene fan and I have been looking at Cabas Rivington lately. I never paid much attention to this bag as I found it too small for everyday use. I used to be a big bag girl, but lately I think I want some smaller bags for a change. But then I am not sure about this bag. Please share your opinions on this...owners, non owners, used to be owners, soon to be owners, anybody with an opinion please! :hugs:

I am debating between getting this, or the Hampstead PM. I am looking for an small-medium sized ebene shoulder bag.

What I love about Cabas: very comfortable on shoulders, get two looks in one (although I will probably almost always have it zipped up;), not a bad size for everyday; love those zippers!

What I don't like: I think it is a little overpriced, for that kind of money, I think it should be lined with red alcantara.; Also, I have read that the open look does not stay "open" very well but maybe some owners can chime in on this.

I really really like this bag, and would probably purchase it over the Hampstead except I am only after something smaller and cheaper :biggrin:

I have the Cabas and LOVE it! I bought the Westminster and the Evora and ended up returning them for this bag.
It is a very comfortable bag to carry. Sits close to the body, not boxy (like the Westminister) The straps are very comfortable both length and width.
It is very roomy. It is a tall bag so you can carry more in it than I had anticipated.
I use it zipped most of the time because I LOVE the closed zippers on the side.
I can even carry my 11"MBA in it zipped up, which really surprised me.
I have heard others say that the folds take up too much space when the zippers are closed, but I haven't found that to be the case for me. I just tuck things into each of the "pockets" made by the fold and I still have tons of room in the center.
I use it unzipped when traveling and when I need more stuff at hand. Mine does stay open. I have heard some others say that they have a problem with it wanting to fold, but I haven't found that to be the case with mine.
For the price, I could have purchased a NF and a Speedy, but I really think this bag is worth every penny!!! It has a very distinctive look and I love the red interior. It is just a classy bag!!

I have the Cabas and LOVE it! I bought the Westminster and the Evora and ended up returning them for this bag.
It is a very comfortable bag to carry. Sits close to the body, not boxy (like the Westminister) The straps are very comfortable both length and width.
It is very roomy. It is a tall bag so you can carry more in it than I had anticipated.
I use it zipped most of the time because I LOVE the closed zippers on the side.
I can even carry my 11"MBA in it zipped up, which really surprised me.
I have heard others say that the folds take up too much space when the zippers are closed, but I haven't found that to be the case for me. I just tuck things into each of the "pockets" made by the fold and I still have tons of room in the center.
I use it unzipped when traveling and when I need more stuff at hand. Mine does stay open. I have heard some others say that they have a problem with it wanting to fold, but I haven't found that to be the case with mine.
For the price, I could have purchased a NF and a Speedy, but I really think this bag is worth every penny!!! It has a very distinctive look and I love the red interior. It is just a classy bag!!

I never had an eye for this bag. Had it once and returned it immediately...too soon I think to even take a good look at it. I used to think that it was too small for my purpose, but now that my lifestyle has changed a bit, I am ready for smaller sized bags. Now is a different story. I think I am in love with this bag. I like the way it looks as a bucket bag with the zippers up. Do you have any problem with the zippers rusting? I like how it looks a bit more special because not very many people have this where I live.

I had the pm version of this bag and I sold it. I really liked it but.....I found it hard to get into. You have to put a little bit of work into opening it. And I didn't like the way it looked when u left it open. That is why I got the Westminster. It is an awesome bag. Not a lot of people have it so I feel special when I carry her.