Thinking of buying a mattie...need advice!

Argh! The light grey mattie at Blue Heaven Boutique sold out, just before I wanted to finally get it! (I had sent an email to them a couple of days ago asking about the lining, since they don't have many pics at their site, but by the time they finally replied to me and I checked the site, the mattie was gone. :crybaby: It would've been my first RM too...)

So! Moving forward then, what neutrals did RM make the Matinee in? There's the light grey and dark grey, and the black leathers too, right? Like jc0812, I also have a wardrobe with a cool colour palette. What other neutrals would you recommend? How about other colours that may still go with a wardrobe that primarily consists of blues, blacks, greys, etc? Eggplant looks like it might match my wardrobe, but I do already have a similar plum-coloured bag.

Last edited:
Have you considered getting a noir matinee? Dark grey is really nice too, it's like the color of an elephant's skin but a bit darker. Chocolate is always a great neutral, it's a very rich color.

And if I recall correctly I think RM made a blue stonewash matinee which is a very beautiful dusty blue grey color. I could be wrong though, but if she did make one that's probably the one I myself would choose.

EDIT

I found it, but I don't know if it's stonewash blue. But I'm pretty sure it is. This is a picture of deeliciouz's matinee. I hope she doesn't mind me posting it here.

BluewithGreySuedeMatinee.jpg

Last edited:
Have you considered getting a noir matinee? Dark grey is really nice too, it's like the color of an elephant's skin but a bit darker. Chocolate is always a great neutral, it's a very rich color.

And if I recall correctly I think RM made a blue stonewash matinee which is a very beautiful dusty blue grey color. I could be wrong though, but if she did make one that's probably the one I myself would choose.

EDIT

I found it, but I don't know if it's stonewash blue. This is a picture of deeliciouz's matinee. I , but I'm pretty sure it is. I hope she doesn't mind me posting it here.

BluewithGreySuedeMatinee.jpg

Yup, I have! I could definitely always use one or two more black bags, so I'm not ruling out noir, night or any of the other black leathers. Dark grey definitely looks gorgeous. And, stonewash blue!! :drool: Oh, that looks amazing on a Matinee! Thanks for the suggestions, xlana!!

I did it! I got my HG bag...the GA Mattie!! I've been lusting after this bag since I first saw pics of it...the color is just TDF and I think it will go with so much of my wardrobe. Yay! :yahoo: I can't wait for my first mattie!

I did it! I got my HG bag...the GA Mattie!! I've been lusting after this bag since I first saw pics of it...the color is just TDF and I think it will go with so much of my wardrobe. Yay! :yahoo: I can't wait for my first mattie!

Congratulations! :yahoo: Yep, I definitely second the call for lots and lots of pics!

Yep, I bought one! I managed to find a light grey mattie from The Hip Chick, but that hasn't been completely smooth-going. I'm currently waiting to hear back from RM about some marks on the leather that the store claims are either "natural" or were already present on the bag when they received it, and I'm pretty peeved at The Hip Chick's CS as a result. Love the bag itself, though (aside from the minor issues like the marks)!

My first RM... ~Light Grey Matinee~

^^Congrats! It's beautiful! I hope you're able to resolve some of your issues with RM and THC. It's still a lovely bag though!

I bought mine gently used from ebay so we'll see what condition it's in. The pics of it were pretty good.

Glad we were both able to score our matties!

Thank you! :biggrin: I hope yours arrives as described and shown in the pics! I think I saw that listing earlier, and if the seller gave an accurate disclosure, that should be a pretty good score. :tup: Yay! for matties!